The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Have you ever? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
I am not into card magic, but I was wondering if those that are ever found themselves in an embarasing situation because of it.

What I mean is, have you ever sat down to a "friendly game of cards" and suddenly realized that you are starting to "cheat" because you automaticly start doing some kind of card slight? Or, if you have some other good story where you catch yourself in a interesting situation with cards or other gambling forms.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
It never happens on accident... Someone has to pay me to deal them the hot cards. HA! Just kidding. No, but whenever I do play cards, I am encouraged sometimes to see if I can get things by the other players. When we are done, we just put the money together and buy some food so nobody really looses or wins anything anyway.

Derek Merdinyan
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
I often find myself automatically carrying a top slug whenever I do a riffle shuffle and strip. Not that I have controlled cards or anything, just from practicing that move for so long it becomes a bit of a habit.

Aside from that, I've never found myself "accidentally" dealing 2nds or running up hands or anything like that. That's pretty blatant stuff. Smile
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I try not to play cards to often with friends. I find if I start winning some of their cash at a friendly game of poker, they start to assume that it wasn't luck or poker skill, but that I was using sleights to win. This espicially seems to happen after I win a hand that I delt.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
782 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Aint that the truth ! Even if they are too good of friends to voice such a suspician , it can be seen on their faces each time you take in a pot ... and the game stops being fun . I'm not saying this will always happen when you play with friends, but if it happens just once , it could affect a friendship . (Of course this assumes that they know about your abilities )
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Yeah, Ive never had it affect a friendship, most of the time they seem to be half joking when they make the accusations, but as you said dowser, I can also see it in their faces, that they still wonder if I was up to no good. Its usually not my close friends who know me better than that, its usually friends of friends, and it can make the whole game uncomfortable at times.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I've never deliberately tried to move in a game, but I've been accused of it. During a Texas Hold Em game in Mexico, all the guys were making comments about having to watch me because they saw me do a bunch of card tricks earlier at dinner. At first, I wasn't getting dealt squat. I had to keep folding. Then, when the deal came to me, everyone watched my shuffle very closely. I didn't make any moves at all, but ended up dealing myself pocket jacks and winning the pot. So it looked a little suspicious to them that all night I wasn't playing a single hand until it came my time to deal.

I denied any fishy business as best as I could. Also, the cold hard truth of it is that I'm quite frankly not that skilled enough to do what they suspected I could do!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 22:09, Peter Loughran wrote:
I try not to play cards to often with friends. I find if I start winning some of their cash at a friendly game of poker, they start to assume that it wasn't luck or poker skill, but that I was using sleights to win. This espicially seems to happen after I win a hand that I delt.

Also, if you lose, they may question your ability with cards. I play poker with only a handful of people but I never use any sleight of hand to cheat (however, if they flash the bottom card when they cut and I see it....).
ME
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Ha where are you in raleigh Mark I go to ncsu
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Have you ever? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL