The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Local Entertainers - Do You Get On With Them? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
It's easy for us guys and girls to talk freely to each other, USA, Australia, Canada, England, Wales, Scotland, N.I. and even New Zealand; but how do you get on with those local to you? They are your competitors, - they want the money in their pockets and not yours. Do you mix with them at 'magical meetings' where people can spin stories to each other, or plainly and simply keep yourself to yourself. It has always been our policy to isolate ourselves from others - but to give a friendly 'hello' should paths cross outside a venue when they are loading out and you are loading in, but NEVER to recommend anyone ("ask your friends at school, they see other entertainers, - we don't"). Smile
danryb
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of danryb
I personaly get on realy well with other entertainers in my neighborhood. They do not all use magic but that is besides the point - they all entertain proffesionaly. I don't know any entertainers who do not work proffesionaly - they should contact me. I am a friendly person and refuse to ignore fellow showmen/women because they have chosen the same similar field to live off. If they are down right disgusting personalities I wouldn't reccomend them to my worst enemies (I don't have any but...) and I have come across e few of them in my 10 years performing but on the whole I love the idea of getting on with "competitors" It makes me feel good and I get good feedback from them too.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I have no problems with any of my competitors
but I rearly meet them as I do not belong to any societys. I am quite friendly with a couple who go as "Jugglestruck" and we pass each other gigs if we are booked.they do some magic and give a good performance. we are often booked to do the same festivals/carnivals fetes ext. I see Luke at some conventions and we always have a good chat. we try not to do the same stuff where possible
Phillip
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
We started amongst hostility you see. A very close friend, who was a kid's entertainer, when he got wind of my intentions walked away from me and never spoke again. Anyway, always a pleasure to mix with you guys.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
HI

I get on well with the entertainers around my area and beyond, and do not really see them as competition. Though I guess they must be. I just don't take the 'all business' line that I suppose you take. Each to his own Smile

The day I feel so threatened by another performer that I feel I have to walk away as in the case of your 'friend' is the day I give this game up. I am in it for the love. I need the living sure, but I could earn more doing an office job if money and business was the highest thing on my agenda.

It can be stressful enough without feeling like my fellow performers are a threat.

I am wondering what you mean by.

'unsuitable to work with kids sort'

Seems like an odd phrase!

Thanks all and HAVE FUN!

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
This guy had a legally proven record of indecent assault on children, Duncan. Thanks for private communication reply. I think I have seen you working away in Merseyway Precinct, Stockport, Cheshire, and here we are chatting away through Steve's servers in USA!! crazy man, crazy! - Cheers -Tony.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi

WOW.. That is unsuitable! I just wasn't sure what you meant, though I suspected it might be something like that.

I wonder how long it will be before people performing for kids will have to jump through the same hoops that teachers etc have to. Though it would be a hassle I would welcome it. Freelance entertainment seems to be such a loophole.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Local Entertainers - Do You Get On With Them? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL