The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie ball light (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RobertoM
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of RobertoM
I have two zombie balls, but one is broken and the other is heavy and the two gimmicks don't work well...
I want buy a new zombie ball; which is lighter?
And if I want to build a zombie ball or the gimmick does someone have any ideas?
Thanks...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What are the brands you have?
RobertoM
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of RobertoM
Morissey and the other is a cheap brand...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Go with the quality. Stay with Morissey.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
You can do what Timothy Drake did and modify a Don Wayne floating Ball as a Zombie. The ball is huge but extremely light. The only problem is the new DW balls are about $90.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
STANGMMX
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of STANGMMX
What is the environment required to perform with DW's ball (in the one person routine)?
SMU Class of 2010
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-02-05 22:55, STANGMMX wrote:
What is the environment required to perform with DW's ball (in the one person routine)?

Stage with wings. You also can use the Floating Light Bulb hook up by Burling Hull. It is still a platform trick.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 19:29, RobertoM wrote:
I want buy a new zombie ball; which is lighter?
And if I want to build a zombie ball or the gimmick does someone have any ideas?
Thanks...

You can make your own Zombie ball. I always look for those big Christmas balls made of plastic. They are quite light and tough. Unfortunately, I only see them available during the Christmas season. They are avialable in different sizes. The gimmick can be made using a good steel spring hanger.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22243 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Finn Jon's booklet suggests using a silver balloon. That should be light enough.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I would hold out for a newer version of this effect that has yet to be sold. But if you have to do it, Morrisey makes 2 nice balls, Vernet has a nice ball.

Lou Hilario, has a good idea. You can try balloons, styrofoam balls, but my personal opinion dictates that you find a ball that fits your persona, color scheme, and all of the other things that make you different from everyone else. Pick a ball!

Let's not forget Astro Sphere. It is pretty sweet under the correct circumstances.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I tried combining with the following and was surprised at the response from the audiences.

Regular Zombie + Perpetual Zombie Ball + Astro Sphere + Multiplying Zombie Ball + Fountain of Silks (36 inches) with a Giant Ball Production Finale.

Food for thought.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I have a new Zombie that's due to be released soon. It looks like other Zombies but it combines a the regular-style Zombie (with new modifications), along with Astro Sphere, and a touch of dancing cane.
Silvernail
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Silvernail
Sounds cool! What's its pricing and when's it going to be released and what's it going to be called??
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Kinetic Sphere is the name of this new zombie-style ball. It does not have a hole in it as it is magnetic. There is a reel built inside of the ball and the gimmick is approximately 7 inches long (retractable). Pricing, not real sure yet. I'm still waiting on quotes on the ball itself.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Update! I finally have the ball problem all worked out and will release this effect very soon. I have to tell you that Kinetic Sphere combines the best of all worlds... Zombie... Astrosphere... Dancing Cane. I can't wait for all of my friends here at the Café and elsewhere to see this little beauty!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I found a really cheap one! I just bought the gimmick as I knew it would take me awhile (I have a defect in my fingers) and then just used a styrophom ball! I am still practicing and awaiting the day when my fingers get bigger and stronger THEN I'm going to buy the actual thing.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Magical Odyssey,
Are you having any problems with the styrofoam ball? Maybe, you might think of using the thumb instead of your finger! I hope that helps, because there is no need for you to wait. Maybe even use the gimmick on the opposite hand.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
James,
I have to compliment you on your routining style that you display in just about every quote I have come upon by you! I wish more magicians thought like you do!
Quote:
On 2006-02-09 10:14, JamesTong wrote:
I tried combining with the following and was surprised at the response from the audiences.

Regular Zombie + Perpetual Zombie Ball + Astro Sphere + Multiplying Zombie Ball + Fountain Silks (36 inches) with a Giant Ball Production Finale.

Food for thought.
AEdwards
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of AEdwards
Hey Dave, let me know when it's out.

Later, Anton
http://www.antonedwards.net

Shattering Reality
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Check my site. You can find out more about it now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie ball light (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL