The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for some older kinds of playing cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Hello,
I'm looking for some older kinds of playing cards, to buy or trade.
Here are the backdesigns I'm looking for:

- Bicycle New Fan Back
- Arrco Tahoe Back (a.k.a. #9)
- Russel Aristocrat Back 1,2 and 3
- USPCC Rosette Back

Also, I'm looking for all sorts of cards that have been printed on older stock (old Bicycles, Bees, Tally-Hos, other Arrco cards pre USPCC .... etc.).

The cards can be used and colors wouldn't matter (that much).

I'd appreciate any help.
Best,
Philipp
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
E bay is probably your only alternative.
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<DOM>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Alternative to what ? ;-)

I've been looking for so long on ebay for those cards and came to one conclusion... they will never appear there, at least I haven't seen any yet.

I recently got a really nice gaff for the Tahoe's and probably will never be able to use it.

Pretty frustrating so far ....
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I do have a lot of Rambler decks. The one with the gilt edges. PM me if you are interested. I am a collector too!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Rannie,
thanks for your offer but I'm not interested in Ramblers right now, maybe later.
Also I'm not that big of a collector (just a bit... ;-), as most pasteboard lovers), as ugly as this may sound I'm actually using the cards on right occasions from time to time.
--- Please don't worry, during those performances no card or cardbox will be harmed, every card that's older than me will be handled with proper care ---- Smile

Tammy,
it would be great seeing the backdesigns being printed again, but it wouldn't make much sense for me since mostly it's the stock they're printed on that interests me.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Phillipp K,

The cards you've listed are all extremely rare. I have a dozen of the Tahoe decks, 3 dozen unopened Aristocrat decks, a handful of the New Fan backs, and one or two of the Rosettes.

They've taken me 6 years of constant scouring on eBay and I've probably sunk over $750 into these decks alone once you include shipping charges from all corners of the world.

I wouldn't part with the Tahoes for anything less than $200 per deck. If that seems crazy, consider that Jerry's Nuggets routinely go for $75+ on eBay, and they're actually quite common still. Tahoes almost never appear, because there just aren't that many of them.

I keep mine exclusively for extra-special give-aways to friends, as they're too rare and expensive to just play with.

Good luck in your search.

Jason

PS: Of all the backs you listed, the New Fans are the most common. They're several listed on eBay every month or so, usually sealed and in good condition. You just have to outbid guys like me and the other 50 guys that routinely bid on them.
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Hey Jason,
I hope you've forgiven me for bringing you back to TSD for nothing, since I didn't see the Erdnase book I didn't know what edition it really was (if you'd like me to refund you, tell me and I will).

Thanks for the info on the cards, though I knew most of it

I don't play with the cards, as I understand they're too good for that, and the occasions on which I use them are rare.

So far I've also spend a good fortune on playing cards (at least it's a good fortune for an 18 year old), most of the time I just got pretty lucky and some friends had some decks for me.
I got about 3 dozens of Golden Nuggets, a hand full (actually 6) New Fan backs, some Jerry's Nuggets and about 2 dozens of other older/rare cards.
And about 25 dozens of Fournier 505s, hehehe.

Be sure to add 1 more guy to the bidders list.

Best,
Phil
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
They still sell fan backs on bicycle cards but they are canasta cards. same size you can tell from the back but they have small numbers written near the pips
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for some older kinds of playing cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL