We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Preparing the orange for OLEP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
Ok guys..whats the easiest way to prepare the reall orange with the load for the routine? I been playing with it with no luck. Any info would be great.

Thanks guys

Wade
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Yes, Same question for me ..
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
You cut a hole in the top and hollow it out like a pumpkin, let it sit overnight to dry and then superglue the top back on...GEEEZE!!!!!!

you may want to try stuffing it with newspapers to help it keep shape too, cuz it might sometimes try to cave in on itself.

also, always cut it from the opposite end you hollow it to do the corkscrew cut

hope that helps
DANSPERRY.COM
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hello
I will try in this way.
You use the same method for the lemon ? For the egg no problem for me

cheers
sperris
View Profile
Special user
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Yeah basically same for lemon...

for the egg blowing the egg was always a pain for me, so I used to use a spongue egg that I could just palm off after "cracking" it into the cage. To make it look like egg shells I'd take torn up pieces of white printer paper and crumple them up and load them in with the parakeet. So when the parakeet comes out it looks like the egg shatters open and all is left are the egg shells. it just made it more convincing
DANSPERRY.COM
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Ok guys what does OLEP stand for it sounds interesting.
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Magic_Man,

Orange, Lemon, Egg, and parakeet. Cool effect!
Tony
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Were can I find out more about this or see a vid of it?
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Magic_man204 you can see a video of it at Doug Malloy's website.
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Do you know the web adress?
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Not silly, the idea ofthe sponge egg... I will thinking about that. But for me, the preparation of the egg is not a problem. I buy a box of 12 egg, prepare them under the water in my kitchen to clean them, and I put all of them in the box when all are leer , to have a stock for 12 shows !

thanks for your response. It's better for me to ask , than loose my time to try things which don't work

cheers!
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
OLEP dealers should also include another set of fake fruits which can be screwed in. Kinda like a zombie ball. I'm sure there are very good craftsmen out there... getting some fake fruits will help performers alot!
One Shell orange
One Shell Lemon
One sponge Egg
One Fake Lemon
One Fake egg

AND you never have to prepare again! Craftmanship must be good though...
funkyguy
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
Any idea where I can find fake realistic looking fruit?
sperris
View Profile
Special user
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey guys I found 2 boxes full of hollowed out fake fruit for the OLEC routine - some of you may remember I used to sell these for awhile - well I have everything BUT the foam egg I used to sell but I need to get these out of storage so here's what we got:

1 - hollowed fake grapefruit

1 - hollowed fake lemon

1 - whole fake lemon

+ instructions

I have one dozen of these sets left let me know if you're interested
DANSPERRY.COM
asafmagik
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of asafmagik
These bad boys are rubber, reseal in a second, OK maybe 2 seconds, kill from 5 feet away no problem. I used them for 3 years now doing 3 shows a day.

Click here to view attached image.
magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Sperris, I'm interested!!!! let me know how to buy them please.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Wade, did you get your answer for using the real fruit??? there is a method that takes 5 minutes to prepare the fresh fruit, from the egg, to the lemon to the orange. make it in 5 minutes and you can keep them over night to use as well. If you are doing multiple shows per day, and want to cut cost on fruit go with the fruit that ASAFMAGIK posted. nice rubber fruit, produced by Taddo in Pennsylvania. check with sperris as well for the rubber fruit, not sure what he has, but I would definately check with him as well. But much like asafmagik, I use my rubber fruit for the 3 shows a day, then for other one nighters I go with real fruit. PM me if you need a bit of help on the 5 minute prep.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21862 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just purchased the DVD on the effect, Ring In Walnut by John shryock. He shows and demonstrates how to remove the insides of a lemon. I could not believe how simple it is when you know what you are doing. I have tried several time for my OLEC and have not been successful.

Now I think it will finally be practical and be able to perform this wonderful effect.

This John Shryock just became available as of June 16, 2010. See it here: http://www.shryockmagic.com/shryockmagic/Ring_In_Walnut.html it is worth the $30.00 and postage paid in the USA.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Dan, sent you a PM. Very interested in the fruit, please get back to me!

Roy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Preparing the orange for OLEP (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL