The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Old book value? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Just found a couple of oldies. Wondering if anyone has any idea what they might be worth. A search of the titles did not provide much help.

1. Wild Card Miracles by Frank Garcia........1977

2. Silk at your fingertips by Jack Chanin.....hardback 1952
Richard Hatch
View Profile
Regular user
Logan Utah
127 Posts

Profile of Richard Hatch
We sold new copies of Garcia's WILD CARD MIRACLES for just $15 not long ago. They might fetch nearly double that on eBay currently. I would guestimate the hardback Chanin at about $30 as well. More if signed by Chanin.
Richard Hatch
www.HatchAcademy.com
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
Any idea how much a first edition of Greater Magic is worth?
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Squid:

Richard's a very knowledgeable guy, but can't help you out without better information. For example, do you mean first edition, 1st impression (printing), or first edition, 5th impression (they're both first editions, to a good bookseller)? What condition is it in? Fine (unless it looks near new, it's not fine) ? Good? Fair? Does it have the original dust jacket? What condition is the dust jacket in? The value can fluctuate more than 400% depending on the answers to these questions.

You'll find some very helpful folks here -- if you help them with good and fairly complete information, they can help you with an answer that has meaning instead of a wild guess.

Happy hunting...

Clay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Old book value? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL