The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tim Allen (home improvement) -flying like DC (almost) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Hi Guys,

Today I was watching a re-run channel we have here in South Africa called "the Series Channel". Anyway, on an episode of Home Improvement, Tim "the toolman" Taylor built a flying rig for his kid to perform in a Peter Pan play. He set it up in his back yard and flew around for a bit - it looked like a very rough Copperfield flying illusion.

He said he had used "aircraft wire" so they were thin and invisible...

What do you think?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I wish I had seen it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
As much as I can remember about the episode- maybe it will help someone locate the video: Tim pulls his groin muscle lifting a chest for his wife. His kid is in a Peter Pan play but can't fly..and has to prance around in rather a sissy-like way. Tim won't have it- so he builds a flying rig that works with counterweights. It was actually pretty good.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
I love Home Improvement! Tim Allen is one funny guy.

Regan
Mister Mystery
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
MacGyver,
I do remember the episode and have seen it several times. I won't tie it in any way with Copperfield's because I don't want to give any leads. Smile However, I know that there are suspensions out there that work in a very similar way to the one Tim Allen was on. Good observation. That never really occured to me while watching. Smile
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Tim allen is a great comedian. The rig he made souded simple..would have loved to have seen production shots/photo's
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Tim Allen (home improvement) -flying like DC (almost) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL