The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Custom shirts for the Dummy in your life (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Would anybody be interested in a line of Custom T-Shirts for their Dummy/Puppets?

I'm doing some for my own figure to wear. If interested, let me know. Size 4T (or Kids Small if you have a larger figure). Funny sayings...Signature lines from the Act for walk around...custom Toon Art...your phone number! etc.

Just gaging interest here. They would be $8.99 ea if I do them.

Do you think there would be any interest in the vent community?

Thanks

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Doug,

I currently don't use a puupet that could wear a shirt (I have Vern the Bird), but this seems like a great idea to me. If I had a 'human' puppet I would certainly want one.

Even if I had another outfit for the stage, I would let him/her wear the tee shirt underneath, and let the puppet insist on unbuttoning the outershirt to show off his/her tee shirt.

Some funny bits could be done with this and it would be a "classy" way to get some advertising in.

Since I don't have a puppet that can wear one right now, I think you should just start making 'em for grown-ups too!

I believe this would be something folks would want, especially at the price you stated. Not bad!

Then again, don't take my word for it. I have been wrong once or twice in my life.

:)

Regan
Mister Mystery
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Customizing ones act is a great idea.

Lately my mother in law has been creating some great vest for Nigel.(The Puppet that Rocks and Talks)

I have also gone the route of embroidered hats.

Nigel is smaller than most. He is about a size 2, which fits me as at a whopping 5'5" tall.

Be safe, well and creatively you.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually just go to Cafépress.com where you can create all sorts of goodies.

I don't know what I was thinking when I started this thread but it'll be a whole lot of Sundays before I had time to do the custom designs I want to do...

Regan...yep...that's what the T-shirts are for , under the outer shirt with the outer shirt OPEN...unless I can find a white long sleeve one that can be printed on.
But having a message on the shirt for walk-around seems like good use of space.
The first one I did for 'Stanley' was "I'm Not The Dummy"...putting the text in a center column so they would be visible with the shirt just opened (not pulled open to reveal)
I have a bunch of ideas for T-shirts for Vents & Dummies...just looks like it will be awhile before I can devote the time to it....durnit.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Oh, come on Doug. Why don't you make a few clones of yourself so you can keep up with all your wonderful products and services. We need ya' man!

I just can't let my wife hear about this latest project of yours. (Custom shirts for the Dummy in your life) She'll be your first customer!

:)

Sometimes I feel like I need at least 4 or 5 more clones of myself.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I have been thinking about coming up with a Golden Ticket (like Wonka) where one lucky soul gets to learn the inside out of making these props...sort of an apprentice...would have to charge though as having a competitor that actually knows what they are doing and is not an eBay wannabee would delete from the living I struggle to make...oh well...lousy idea...

I'll just have work harder. Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
One of my 2 do list is create some products on Cafépress.com

Currently I use a local place for Nearly Normal Hats.

My step son who designed my website, also created some Nearly Normal Sweatshirts for my wife and I.

Can you say branding, I knew you could

Regan...(send in the clones....Old joke I know....groaners can come in handy.)

Harris & Nigel
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
"Regan...(send in the clones....Old joke I know....groaners can come in handy.)"

An oldie but a goodie Harris.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Custom shirts for the Dummy in your life (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL