The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Skinner's 3 card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Hi,
I love this effect, but I have a question. How can you avoid the spectator to take the cards from you at the end of the effect? I know I can switch them with 3 regular cards in my pocket pretending to take off the card holder, or the deck, but what if he's faster and try to take them by himself from the table or from my hands?

Dave
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
It might be that when you show them its looks like your trying to cover up something. I had this happen a few times but as I went on it stoped happening. I think the slower you do it the better.
Also you might want to have a table between the you and the spec. or some kinda distance
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
For the final phase, I put one black card 'aside' out of the marks reach to the left and hold the other two in each hand by the inner corners between my finger and thumbs.

I then flick them both over and show them both black. Both arms and hands are between the mark and third card on the table so I can easily get to it before him.

Also, try and perform with such a relaxed air that he doesn't distrust the cards.

Has anyone ever grabbed the cards?
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
My friend showed it and for the first 3 or four times someone said the pips are marked. And these wernt even card players just laymen/laywomen. goes to show that if you act as if nothing is wrong then no one will care.
Maby even put the cards in the deck or add them on at the last second right before you do the trick so it will seem if they are coming from the deck
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Skinner's 3 card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL