The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Christmas Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

THOR
View Profile
New user
No. California
69 Posts

Profile of THOR
I've been asked to perform magic for my church's Senior Citizens' Christmas Dinner party. Maybe 20 people.

Any thoughts on effects or presentations, perhaps with a Christmas theme?

Thanks very much for your ideas!
thor
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
You could always do the popular "Cutting a Reindeer in Half" no, that's a Thanksgiving trick.
Sorry.

You can use red and green silks or ropes, or add a CHRISTmas flair to just about any trick.

If these people are members of your own church, you probably don't want to be very evangelistic, and focus instead on entertainment with a theme.

Myself, anytime I am performing in a
“Church” atmosphere, I focus on an audience of one, because I work for HIS glory. If you try to please Christ with your show, your guests will love it.

Good Luck
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Thats good Shadow. Very good advice.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
139 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
If you have a production box, produce Christmas garland from the box instead of silks. At the end pull out a small stuffed animal (whatever size you can fit into it). For a gospel theme, when holding the stuffed toy, you can talk about gifts we give and receive, then talk about God's gift to the world and why Jesus died on the cross.
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
Bilwonder
View Profile
Veteran user
Oroville CA
327 Posts

Profile of Bilwonder
I've done such for my church and worked in themes of the importance of fellowship and Jesus healing the broken hearted. These are timely messages for the season also without being evangelical. Here any torn and restored will do (I used a torn flash paper heart restoration). Since the words "joy" and "fellowship" are usually found together in the Bible, you could also do a version of the "Spelling Bee" trick or something with the words.
billswondershow.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
tiptophat
View Profile
Loyal user
Wesley
269 Posts

Profile of tiptophat
An effect I absolutely love is Staracle. I believe it is on a Dan Harlan dvd/video. It is the tearing out of the center of a napkin and when the border of the napkin is opened there is a big circle reresenting the moon, BUT when the piece torn out of the middle is opened it is a large star. A lot of Christmas ideas come to mind with the moon and star.
THOR
View Profile
New user
No. California
69 Posts

Profile of THOR
thanks, everyone, for your great ideas. The Christmas show went over very well so I appreciate your input!

blessed holidays,
thor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Christmas Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL