The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » VSM LED placement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I've had the VSM 7 for over a year now and am happy with it. I just started playing around with the big LED display and I find it's a great help. Ideally I'd like to position the display between me and the audience so I can be looking at them and the display when I press buttons. I don't want kids tripping over the wire and I don't want it blocking someone's view. Where do others place it?

Oliver
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1800 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Hello Oliver,

I have a VSM 7.5 with the large LED display. I place it at the right hand corner of the stage directly below my speaker. (The speaker is on a stand.) If my speaker isn't on a stand, for instance at a smaller party, I'll put it directly behind the speaker and direct the kids to the other side when they assist me.

Michael
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Michael,

Thanks for responding. My speaker is on tripod stand. I made a tray that attaches to the stand and holds my wireless transmitter and the VSM. Mounting the LED on the side sounds like a good idea.

Oliver
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
I normally have my mini soundman/led sitting on top of my amp off to the side of the stage. Rarely do I have it in front of me but in my shows I do a lot of turning when I have th kids on stage and it makes sense to do that. Just play with the positioning and you'll come up with a standard location to where your comfortable with it.

Magically,

Robert
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1800 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Robert,

I wouldn't recommend putting your VSM directly on top of your amp. It's best to have it at least 3' away from a powered amplifier, according to Kelly's instructions. There could be some interference with the VSM if it's closer.

Michael
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
578 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Thanks again Mike, and Thanks Robert. You've given me an idea for a roll-on table that can house all of my sound system components with a recessed compartment on the side for the LED display. This will speed set-up and give me another place to store props.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » VSM LED placement (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL