The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Break-away Gun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Peeps,

The "Breakaway Gun" is one comedy prop you should have. Similar to the breakaway wand, I use my gun with my dove tray routine. This prop can also help you "milk" the effect. Question is, are there anyone using this prop as well. Which trick do you incorporate it with?

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Derek Rutt Creations
View Profile
Regular user
thailand
172 Posts

Profile of Derek Rutt Creations
I used to use the break gun in every show it is a great prop and like you I used it in any trick with a balloon............for that matter any trick. I t also great for kids or adults the reaction is always big.
Many will not use a gun type prop in their shows for children .....but the kids see guns used in a violent way in movies on TV comic strips and books etc etc every day !!! whereas when I use it I make it look silly and useless . OK if a parent asks me not to use it then I leave it out............I expect this will start something !!!!!!1
Hope this helps. Creation is life
www.derekrutt.com
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
What about "bang" guns... not ones that make a bang, but a gun where the little flag saying "bang" drops down from under the barrell???

Anybody use thos? Also, could somebody please explain to me what break-away gun is... Does it just fall apart when you pull the trigger?

Cheers
Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hi Ac-Magic,

Yes, a breakaway gun is supposed to fall apart when you squeeze the trigger.

Sal
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I use the breakaway gun with my Collector's Workshop Sidekick.
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
Cheers Sal, what kind of routines do you use the gun with apart from the collectors workshop sidekick? Can you incorporate it into any kind of routine where the magician makes a mistake, such as vanishing bandanna?

Cheers
Ali
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Ac-Magic,

I think that is possible. But you should have you own routine for the Vanishing Badana. I don't see how you can incorporate it with the provided voice-over routine.

And speaking of the Vanishing Bandana, that is also one of my favorite trick! I had this for a long time now and was able to manipulate the tape that goes with it. First, I put some background music, then add some sound effects, then adjust the "gap" to suit my routine. Then convert it into cd format.

Sal
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
What programme did you use for that? Windows Movie Maker with the voince over thingy?

Cheers
Ali

P.S. I think I will love the Vanishing Bandanna when it comes. I bought the CD version and it should be coming soon
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
The program I used was Acoustica MP3Audio Mixer. Let me know if the new version of the Vanishing Bandana is good.

Sal
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
The Break-away Gun would be great for my Gangster Show! Thanks!
Ste.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Break-away Gun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL