The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism via video and/ or the internet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Zenitram
View Profile
Regular user
New York
156 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zenitram
So I am working on my website, and will be eventually putting up something with substance. I would like to have some video of myself on it performing, but I would like to do something a little interactive, as in some of Maven's routines(the bumpers) on those NBC magic specials from years back. I am looking for literatute on this or any ideas of things I can adjust. Just about everything I do requires some kind of participation (writing, drawing, etc.)

I searched the Database here but I couldn't find anything. maybe my search criteria was incorrect!

Anyhelp would be appreciated.
Will you, won't you, ESP with me?
noumena
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County, CA
136 Posts

Profile of noumena
There is a lot that can be done I have several interactive videos on my agent friendly web site. PM me if you want to talk wbout.

- Brandon Cross
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
509 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
That's one real nice site there.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
noumena
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County, CA
136 Posts

Profile of noumena
Thanks, DangerMouse. I assume you are refering to my site. It's about 80% done, but I had the designer finish the agent friendly one first. I am happy with it, but there are a few things we are going to change.

Take care,
Brandon
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Just curious - did you seek out Mr. Brown's permission to perform lift?

Respectfully,

Patrick Redford
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
If you own a first edition of "Pure Effect" there is no need to ask permission.

Does anyone else find the "I want to sell you my tricks but I don't want you to perform them anywhere." just a bit tedious?
James Linn
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see your point Xiqual. I agree!
I bought three books from an acclaimed author and when I spoke with him on the phone he advised me not to do "His" effect on the radio. Well, "His" effect was done by Martin Gardner before I was born...so....I did Martin Gardners effect from Martins book...My Way...LOL
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
carbone1853
View Profile
Loyal user
RI USA
239 Posts

Profile of carbone1853
Does anyone else find the "I want to sell you my tricks but I don't want you to perform them anywhere." just a bit tedious?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t find it a bit tedious, I find it gigantically tedious. The first time I saw something like “television and radio performance rights reserved.” I was flabbergasted. I put the book down and backed away slowly. You have the giants of magic (i.e. Vernon) releasing brilliant routines with no strings attached and then you have someone who thinks there stuff is so wonderful there’re going to sell it AND retain rights.

If you don’t want people doing you stuff don’t sell it.

Chris
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
If the general public knew we acted like this, they would laugh at us and call us "magicians"

Gentlemen... I agree, we are a self-aggrandizing bunch. You you put your material out there (to purchase that is), it's fair game. Unless, of course, you want to have your cake and eat it too.

We need to re-read what Ken Weber said in "Maximum Entertainment" about all this.
Less than 1 percent of the US has seen someone perform live. Hardly no one will see material repeated (unless you copy a famous entertainer)...

...and it goes on
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Overall, I enjoyed your website. It's very nicely laid out, professional, and elegant. I apologize for diverting the subject of this thread and it was not meant as a slight - simply a curiosity.

-Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism via video and/ or the internet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL