The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Crowd control (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mantix
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mantix
I'm working on a levitation trick that is angle sensitive.

I need a small group of people to gather in a tight crowd directly in front of me, but I don't want it to be obvious why I'm asking them to do it.

Any suggestions?
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
Do it during a performance, then let the audience stay and you move yourself to where you need to be for it to work with them. If they are spread out, tell them to huddle up cause it might not be easy to see from other ways. Since they don't know what you will do they will be curious and gather like you asked. Be warned, they will ask you to do it again. They always do.
mantix
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mantix
What if say, "Hey I have a secret to tell you all. Come close!" Then I pull them all together into a huddle and whisper, "I'm not sure how to tell you all this, and I don't want you to get scared or freak out or anything, but I have this magic power. I can levitate. I've always been able to do it-- ever since I was little." After the disbelief and the demand to see it I say, "Okay... but I need to concentrate to do it, no distractions, so be very quiet, and don't move.

Then I walk away several feet and, voila. Smile

Any other ideas?
madmaxa
View Profile
New user
Serbia and Montenegro
61 Posts

Profile of madmaxa
Or just tell them that they should move, so in case you fall down, they want be hurt. Smile)) If you say it the funny way, they will listen and move.
Life Coaching and Covert Hypnosis Coaching in Serbian or English language.
Serbian website: http://www.newera.co.rs/
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How about get yourself on TV so you have an entire crew that will handle those little details for you?

That is the best environment for those types of tricks.

Posted: Feb 1, 2006 10:53am
By the way that was a joke,not a suggestion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
If you're going to levitate, particularly a la Balducci et al, I wouldn't advise opening with "Hey, I can levitate." Your spectators are going to be poised to drop low enough to bust you.

"I need everybody go gather close enough to focus your collective powers for me."

You could even arrange the crowd during "Mental Photography" under the guise of getting a "Group Photo" of their thought of card.

Tie the entiire group together at the end of a rope routine under the pretense of showing them how to become escape artists. "...but first, while I have your attention..."

To keep their attention off your feet, wear a hat and explain that the next trick is called "Fosbury's Flying Fedora". After you "land", complain that the hat was simply on too tight.

Regards,

-jjg
mantix
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mantix
Hey those are some good ideas! Thanks for the advice.

I'm enjoying the technical aspects of these levitation tricks, but I still need lots of work on my delivery. It's hard to get the angles and the lighting just right. It's hard to keep a straight face. Smile And it's even harder not to repeat the trick when your audience is begging for it!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Crowd control (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL