The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Shotgun - A new breed of card shooting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
ALright well I got this one and here is my review!

Price - Around 12.50
Where - magic-notes.com
Author - Tony Vacher
Language - English
Summary - The Shotgun is a new method of card shooting which can be used to allow one card or multiple cards to be shot out of the deck with high speed and accuracy. The card even appears to be shot from the centre of the deck and can be shot in an arc in the air, be caught in the deck after shooting and many more applications, I’m sure, will be discovered by some of you (and don’t forget to tell me if you find them!)

Review - Well I just downloaded this last night. The ebook is well written with pictures. It seems pretty easy and I have almost got it down. If you email him, he will send you a video of how to do it as well. I found the video very helpful. The summary is true and this shot can acheive the above. Looks like it will take a little work, but is much easier then Long Distance Spinner or Boomerang Card of Death (although COMPLETELY different) I am pleased with the purchase

Practical - 10
Gimmick quality - N/A
Easy - 8.5
Angles - 7.5
Overall - 8.5
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Thanks for the review...who handles it? Any link? Thanks.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Solid reivew ive been waiting for someone to review it!!

I think I may go out and expand the repetoire with this one, already do long distance spinner, and a version of boomerang card, but this looks great to.

One question if anyone can answer, what sort of hieght or length can you get with it?

Jon Hackett
x
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Height is not a lot, and the distance is alright...it just looks really cool ;D I like shooting one or a few cards and catchin them back in the deck, looks more realistic than Boomerang Card Of Death IMHO
Tubz
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Tubz
Hi there, This is Toby Vacher, the author (not Tony! Smile).

Thanks for reviwing my humble little e-book. This was one of those things that just came to me one night, I wrote it down, created a wacky routine with a friend and bundled it all together into a fairly nice book at the end of it.

With regards to height and distance. I've only ever done it inside, but it's safe to say I can hit anything I want from anywhere in my house with it! So if I can get it accurate enough to shoot through two doorways and hit the other side of the house, that's about 15m. It all depends on finger strength of course, so some people will be shooting it a whole lot further, or not very far at all.

Baskitboy5 is right in saying it's main appeal is that it just looks nice Smile There's a lot of things you can do with it because your hands are in such a natural card handling position. I'm not much of a flourisher but I could imagine the likes of De'vo coming up with some interesting things!

Thanks once again all.

p.s Bit of a discount from my own site, rather than magic-notes.com. You just have to wait for me to e-mail you a download link, but I check my mail a few times each day. http://www.tobyvacher.info
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Sorry Toby for the misprint, have been very tired recently Smile I did see your website after I purchased it and was kicking myself. By and by, I really enjoy the ebook and recommend it.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Is there anywhere with a demo?

There are quite a few shoting card effects already out in the market, I just wanna see how does this differ and how nice it looks. Do we need to switch hands like the LDS?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I just purchased this nice effect and it's great! ClouDsss, the method employed is very different from LDS. It's very practical and easy. I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Toby, this is a great effect and I hope to see more interesting and creative ideas from you!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Demo video? anyone?
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Thanks evolve629, but would really like ot perhaps see a demo of how it really looks like before purchasing. Thansk
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Tubz
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Tubz
Hi once again, everyone. I'm going to go away now and make a demo video! In the meantime, I've just secured a deal with http://www.lybrary.com to sell both my ebooks through there, so if you're interested, and want the book immediately, Check it out!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Shotgun - A new breed of card shooting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL