The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My new website! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicdave777
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicdave777
I like its simplicity. Nice job.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Magicdave, thanks for your kind comments. I often believe that simplicity in everyhting is sometimes better. I appreciate you stopping by my site.
Edith
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
130 Posts

Profile of Edith
It worked fine with Netscape, too. I like the overall message of it, it makes you look like a nice person... who likes kids.

If I wouldn't have known that you want to have feedback on your site, I wouldn't have waited for it to load and then the same for the pictures again.
As mentioned I would have really enjoyed the same page just in a smaller version, plain html, no music but still the same layout with the colors and such.

Good job with the visual design. Definately looks good.

Be careful that all your text can be read easily, I think the FAQs are a little bit small. You could make the purple box larger, which changes the composition a bit, include less text, although I like it, or have the visitor click more on the arrow button to continue which is a little bit inconvenient already...

I bookmarked under my good magician sites... Smile

Edith
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Edith, thanks for your kind comments and useful pointers regarding my site - I really appreciate it. Actually next month I am going to revise certain features of the site and I will try to incorporate the generous advice I've been given by members such as yourself! Again...thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread!
A Birthday Magician
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of A Birthday Magician
I get a lot of work from my website and have literally spent several hundred hours learning about SEO, ranking trying to get a website that sells. I think I have that now as I get a ton of work from my site. I do not say that to brag but just to let you know I am an internet/website nut...and I do understand that my thoughts may not suit you. I have just had a look at your site. I will state what I consider the negatives first..I find the curser you use very distracting/annoying and Bernardo Magic bouncing back and forwards at the top..why!...also the revolving stars...just serve no purpose. The youtube video is good but you need to add some code at the end to stop it showing your competitors of the reel...you don't want people clicking off your site to watch someone else. Your pages lack some consistancy..on some text is white, others black and the email address colours also vary. The options are not left justified and unevenly spaced and look untidy.You need to look at you Page Titles and Description for each of your pages...this is very important for Google...they are current not optimised for best results. Others have mentioned Flash..google can't read it..get rid of it. You don't mention what area or where you perform also important in getting the right customers to your site. On the plus side it does look like a happy site..smiling kids, good video, colour scheme is fine, you look good, like you are having fun. Sorry if the comments sound harsh. You are free to ignore them
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » My new website! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL