The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Bill in Lemon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Hi guys,
I was watching a magic special last night, which included a pretty amazing bill in Lemon by Ammar. Not only did he do the bill in lemon, but he resealed the lemon in the magician's hands only to have him reopen it to find his bill once again inside. Not quite sure if this could be considered impromptu, but because the bill was signed it seemed to be. Does anyone have a source for such a bill in lemon?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Galli Galli on the Ed Sullivan show did the best bill in lemon IMHO. No gimmicks. He borrowed a bill, put into envelope (P****d it out via s**t) burned envelope.. and put hand into paper bag pulling a lemon (he had pierced it before with a pencil) and you know the rest of the story.

IT IS ALL SELL.

Why work so hard?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Thanks for the response Pete. That sounds amazing. But really, all I'm looking for is an impromptu-ish method of a signed bill in lemon. Do any of you know of a source by any chance? I appreciate it guys.
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Thanks for the response Pete. That sounds amazing. But really, all I'm looking for is an impromptu-ish method of a signed bill in lemon. Do any of you know of a source by any chance? I appreciate it guys.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I'd suggest you check out Rudy Hunter's Bill In Lemon routine. You can make it impromptu by varying a couple of things. Have fun!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ralpho2 the bill in lemon book works.

lots of info impromptu and not. Jarrows routine is in there it is great.

Try the book Take a Note, by Blake. Again a LOT of routines including the method Harry Anderson uses for his routine.

Good Luck searching.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Thanks guys. I'll be sure to check those out.
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
Check out Bill Malone's On the Loose Vol. 2, the first trick. He shows a prety slick way of making a signed bill come out of a lemon. hope that helps

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
It only takes about a seond to cut the s*** in the lemon. Besides, it's not like anyone will ever walk up to you with a lemon and say " make my ring appear in there!"

Why do oyu need to know an impromptu method? I just see it as kind of pointless.
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Bill Malone has a good bill in lemon. But its not really impromptu. He doesn't show the lemon until after the bill has vanish. You can't really cut the slit impromptu, and then squeeze out the juice.

Why would you want to do it impromptu, its more of a showpeice and not an anywhere anytime type of trick. There are so many places where you can add presentation to it. You can start with 3 lemons and have 1 selected, you can have the bill vanish or change visually and then produce it. There are so many versions and if you are interested should look at them all.

Bill Malone, Manuel Muerte, J.J. Sanvert, Michael Ammar, and countless other people have good versions.

The only way I can think of is by doing a shuttle pass, and since its the magiccafe I can't say more about that, but I think it self-explanatory, if not PM me.

Most of my repetior is impromptu because that way its more confortable for me. The main effects that I do that are not impromptu are a stacked deck, and stuff in my stand-up show. Otherwise its normal stuff, that I can do at any time.

Anyway, this is among the the workable effective routines that is better done not impromptu, but I suggest you take alook at as many version as you can.

just my two centavos
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Is the Ammar Bill in Lemon you mention the one that aired recently on TV where he pulls a signed bill out of a lemon, seals the lemon back up and removes for a second time? That's really what made me think there must have been some impromptu way of resealing and repeating the trick a second time.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I thought Ammar's version is unpublished? I agree with evolve629, Hunter's Vitamin C is a good impromptu Bill in Lemon.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
I would agree with clamon86, why would you want to go impromptu? I have seen some good effects with it, such as vitamin c...but is that really impromptu?
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
The only thing not impromptu about Vitamin C is the vanish but there are ways to vanish a bill that are impromptu, but the one taught is not impromptu (very quick set-up).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Michael did this effect on his show here in Brazil, he get the "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!" "WOWWWWWWWW" of the magician's watching him.
He is, like I always said, a really SHOWMAN, it's not only the effect but how he lead the presentation. I have the show recorded here, and every time I watch it again, and again...

All the best,

:bikes: Mesquita Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Consider signed bill to cigarrete from osterlinds mind mysteries
(really practical and can be done ont the spur )
also great one for patter eg you use a bill and represent why smoking is a waste of time as appear to burn money etc etc
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I use Scott Alexander's "The Final Answer" available from Hocus Pocus. It's very expensive, and not exactly impromptu, but it always gets 100% audience reaction. I don't know Ammar's version where he reseals the lemon, that sounds like a "bonus" effect, frankly, my audiences are so stunned when the money comes out of the fruit, there's no need for a follow-up. I did have to work on the sleight that Scott uses, though, as I felt his wasn't clean enough. Now, no one, even magicians, suspect the bill switch, it's SO sneaky! Final Answer takes very little preparation, but quite a number of props to work the effect as given. But it really is awesome, very easy to do, and it's one of my big crowd-pleasers. Many performers, like me, would have to find an alternative to burning the envelope as well, most of the venues I work have smoke alarms.....
Also have Bergland's Bill in Lemon, I use it as a back up, very cheap, also from Hocus Pocus, it's a good cheap alternative.
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
So I recently had the chance to check out Bill Malone's bill in lemon and was really impressed by it. Not only is it a signed bill, but all the steps make sense. I wouldn't go as far as calling it impromptu, but the preparation is really minimal. And he adds an extra gag by making the lemon appear out of his shoe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Bill in Lemon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL