The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Now I'm in trouble (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Williamanon
View Profile
New user
Atlantic Canada
45 Posts

Profile of Williamanon
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 15:02, Jim Poor wrote:
I really want (notice I said "want," not "need.") a chair suspension, but we'll see if I can get the finance minister to approve that one in time. Smile

Forget the chair until after the gig. Then you'll KNOW whether or not you are itching for a career change.
magicdave777
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of magicdave777
I agree. I would get the chair after the show. Make sure you want to make an investment into this type of performing first.
Stimpy
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Stimpy
I wish you all the best for your show, but I must admit that I find it somewhat impolite from that lady that she didn´t ask you first if you would like to do a show for her son. I mean, it´s your spare time...but maybe that´s just me. ;-)

How long are you doing magic? Do you feel confident with it? (If you are showing tricks at your office, you probably are)

I think you got some great tips, although I have absolutely no idea about magic as I am a total newbie...hehehe. I would also try to keep it simple, no scary stuff nothing too complicated. Also I would hand out a lot of stuff to the kids....candy, toys, balloons and such things. Also if you need some ideas for presentation maybe it might be a good idea to get a book with jokes for kids or find a webpage that contains some funny stuff. But I guess you have a lot of good ideas as you make a nice and houmorous impression.

Let us know how it went. I am sure you will perform great.

P.S. Please excuse my strange english...I am german. ;-)
Practice doesn´t make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect...
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I'm not a pro-but believe me that it is more difficult performing for kids than adulds/teens.But don't let this discourage you-go for it!I'm glad to see Brad Burt giving advise.His opinion can always be used.The effects he mentioned are classics.There is one effect that should also not be underestimated-20th century silk with bra/underpants gag.The children love this!
Good Luck
AJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Now I'm in trouble (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL