The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Another needle swallowing post (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Ok, so before I get referred to a stash of other sources, I have searched the Café extensively regarding this topic. My problem is that most threads (Threads!! Ha! Get it?!...sorry) seem to turn slightly argumentitive, and nobody ever seems to agree on what's good and what's not.

I recently purchased Device and Illusion, purely for the needle swallowing effect that Steinmeyer describes in it. The issue is that although the technique is described, it's not overly detailed. It seems to me that this is more of an additional idea for someone who already performs the trick, rather than instructions for a newbie.

I'd like some references for the actual techniques required for this. I'm only interested in needles, and would love to find some great sources on all aspects of the trick ((apparent) swallowing, reproductions, etc.). If any of you would be kind enough to list the source, and what's really good about the routine, I'd love you forever...well, maybe we would just stay close friends. We'll see...

Cheers!

-- Topher
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
Hello Topher

Swami Mantra, Issue 27, February 1974, Yoga Maya - Pins & Needles

See also 'Swami & Mantra' publshed by Kaufman & Company in 1997.

errrr just friends please!

Keith Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Just cos'...

I'm bumping this, seeing that it only actually got one reply. Hoping for some more!!

-- Topher
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Check your resources on razor blades. The techniques are very interchangible.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
I may offer a tip for you. The Tarbell course in magic covers this topic to some extent. The version I perform is a new release from viking/Brema called the "Walk around neddle swallowing". It is a great little effect made to be reset in just a few moments and has some nice subtle handlings. I am sure if you drop Viking/Collectors workshop an E-mail they will be able to set you up with the proper effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Another needle swallowing post (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL