The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel's needle swallowing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Hi guys.

I am interested to create a similar or the same effect like Criss Angel's needle swallowing. the first part I was doing it for years with razor blades.
anybody can guide me where can I get to find ideas for the second part...where he pulls them out from his belly button.

thanks in advance,
Neo
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
A professional special effects company specializing in practical effects. But what you have to ask yourself is "Why do it like CA when you can make it your own and take it to the next level?" Pulling from the belly button has already be done, where else could they come from?

Just a little food for thought.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Thanks a lot Nick!

thanks for your thought too.

can you please recomend me any special effects company specializing in prctical effects?
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Unfortunately I don't know of any offhand, but you can teach yourself the basic techniques behind it if you look into prosthetic makeup. Sorry I can't be of more help, but this really isn't my field of expertise.

Good luck.

Nick Fox

PS: If someone feels that this is revealing too much, feel free to have this post deleted.
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Did pulling it from his stomach really impress anyone more than doing it from the mouth? Even a lady pointed out how long it would take to get there.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
Knowing how into piercing criss is... I don't think it was prosthetics (too close up) you gotta suffer for your art! don't try this at home...

as a side note, I did a suicide suspension recently (same kind criss did under the helicopter) it was my first time, and I only stayed up for a minute or two... big respect to criss. you can see a few pics here http://www.inkontherocks.co.za/Suspension.html
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Oh my god!!! is it painful?? whats the reason of doing body suspension?
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Shinobi! Much respect dude. That's pretty cool. I hereby knight you Obi Wan Shinobi. That would have required some serious Jedi Mind Trick action.

-- Topher
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2006-02-07 05:43, shinobi wrote:
Knowing how into piercing criss is... I don't think it was prosthetics (too close up) you gotta suffer for your art! don't try this at home...

I don't see how being into piercing is going to accomplish the extraction of needles and thread from the belly button. Maybe being into surgery!

If you were to get within a few inches of his "stomach" you'd see what's up.
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Seems to me that the method for extraction is obvious.

The illusion is how to make it look convincing. I'm not sure I understand the piercing angle -- I mean, maybe I'm misunderstanding, but I don't believe that the needles or razors or whatever else are actually "piercing" anything.

Although I suppose that since Angel is into piercing then his own body piercings can certainly lend authenticity to the illusion of piercing ...
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
That was one odd looking belly button????
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
You might try doing it out of your neck. The logic makes sense and the neck makes a nice cover for a Pr****** D*****. I suspect Criss Angel was just looking for another reason to show off the abs, that's why he went for the belly button.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2006-02-09 15:59, bitterman wrote:
You might try doing it out of your neck. The logic makes sense and the neck makes a nice cover for a Pr****** D*****. I suspect Criss Angel was just looking for another reason to show off the abs, that's why he went for the belly button.

Except that, strictly speaking, he's not showing off his abs.

And can I buy a vowel for Pr****** D*****?
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
A gentleman would never expose his Pr****** D****** is an open forum. Smile
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
MagicTopher.. yeah lots of self hypnosis in action

as for how body piercing is involved.. it is possible to form a pocket or tube, which is basically a piercing that goes in and doesn't exit.
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
Shinobi...that was cool! Very impressive.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I see that people in here have NOT done their homework on how this effect is accomplished. I suggest looking at Swami/Mantra or Shapre's Oriental Magic for the REAL method, which does NOT hurt, involve piercing or anything that radical in the least.

I guess books have become passe'... lol!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea Lee I was about to mention how they hide all the good information by printing it in books and closing the covers!

Seems as if they are indeed going the way of the DODO bird unfortunatly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
It thought it took away from the effect. How in the world does something go from your mouth to your belly button? It just doesn't make since. The effect went from "How did he get those needles tied to the thread in his stomach" to a disappearance/reappearance. I doubt the spectators ever gave thought that the threaded needles being pulled out were the same that went in.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Silvernail
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Silvernail
If youve ever read anything about the digestive system, you would know it would take a lot longer than 30 seconds, I know this, and I'm 12! Either those people were giving fake reactions, or there just dumb.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel's needle swallowing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL