The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » IJet vs. AirClick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vanish
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Vanish
Does anyone have any experience with these devices to compare?
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I use a Remoteremote2 with my iPod and am quite happy with it. Here is the URL:

http://www.engineeredaudio.com/products/remote2.html

Dan.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
The Airclick is as close to Perfect as a remote can be for the iPod. The buttons have a great feel and the layout is well thought out. I have yet to have a distance or any problem with it.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclick/

I have used the RemoteRemote2 and do agree it works very well. Unfortunately (at the time of this writing) the RemoteRemote does not support the Currently made iPods (NANO or New full size) because they do not have the connector. The Airclick supports the new AND the Remoteremote2 supported iPods with it's dock connector receiver.

I do not have experience with the iJet.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
scottdavismagic
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, Ar
18 Posts

Profile of scottdavismagic
I've also used the Airclick with my iPod Mini. It's a great way to include music in your show. I'd never used much music in my show. And, I wasn't sure how much I'd like using music. At $30-$40 the Airclick is a really inexpensive way to experiment with music.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
I never take my AirClick off my iPod, I use it whenever I use the iPod.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1093 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Even though I own a showtech (for sale!), and also own remotes for my ipod, and will probably eventually buy the new iCue duo....

currently I'm using the Airclick with my Powerbook to run my shows directly out of iTunes. It's been working great.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Let me see if I understand this right. Can you or can you not use the airclick with the ipod nano? I looked at their site earlier and it said that it was not compatible with it.

Glodmagic, do you have any other info on the set-up where you can use the airclick with the nano? I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me how!

Thanks!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
All my show music is recorded with the volume levels manipulated. In other words, I have fades, etc. built in wherever I need them. I also have blank sections between routines or wherever I need these. It would be near perfect for my needs if I had a wireless remote such as the Airclick. Problem is, my music is on minidisc.

I love the MD, and being able to move all these tracks around on the spot is great, but I wish there was a wireless remote control available for it. I have considered VSM or Showtech, but I would have to do a lot of re-recording and rearranging my music for it to work, plus it is a lot to put into a system when all I need is a way to bump to the next track and I would be set. I wish Kelly would come up with a simple, less expensive RF wireless remote similar to the Airclick for the minidisc.

Regan
Mister Mystery
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Quote:
On 2006-02-16 12:42, Chad C. wrote:
Let me see if I understand this right. Can you or can you not use the airclick with the ipod nano? I looked at their site earlier and it said that it was not compatible with it.

Glodmagic, do you have any other info on the set-up where you can use the airclick with the nano? I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me how!

Thanks!

I am totally wrong (at the time of this writing) about Airclick and NANO. I eat my words. I use the Airclick with other models and assumed because it is now "DOCK Connected" that the NANO was included.
I apologize for that. I would not be surprised if it doesn't happen soon.

I am still Beta testing 2 other show controllers and wish that the one company would allow me to talk about it because as far as I am concerned it IS ready. I have been using it since last Fall and sold my complete StageCue system on the Café (which still is a wonderful device with lots of options for both Minidisc and iPod). I was balled out for a previous post that gave away a bit too much on the new things coming out. Smile
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
MR2Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville
179 Posts

Profile of MR2Guy
Hi Gang.

We will be producing an AirClick product that will be compatible with iPod nano. I don't have an absolute ship date, but it should be in the next couple of months.

Thanks for the interest.

Jason
Griffin Technology
Question every rule.
There are no absolutes.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Hey Jason,

Talk Griffin into producing one that compatible with Sony Minidisc players.

Regan
Mister Mystery
jcorb
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jcorb
I also use a Sony mini disk player. Would love to have the Airglick remote for it.
Looks like I may have to buy a Ipod!!!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I am considering that also jcorb, but I love my MD, and don't really want to even think about having to switch. Sony has some new unbelievable models on the market. I am wanting one with the easier to read display. I actually like the things a minidisc player will do much better than the iPod, it's just that I covet a low cost, RF remote like the Airclick.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Zamboni
View Profile
New user
Australia
59 Posts

Profile of Zamboni
I use the iJet with my iPod Mini. I brought it over the AirClick after reading some discussions at the Performers Net Forums, a similar idea to the Café but with a broader audience. The main advantage seemed to be the ease of use of the buttons which are slightly recessed to prevent accidental pushing in your pocket.
I have no problem with it at all.
The link for the forum is:
http://www.performers.net/forums/
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Quote:
On 2006-02-16 22:34, Regan wrote:
I actually like the things a minidisc player will do much better than the iPod,
Regan

Regan: What do you like better about the MD over an iPod?
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Glodmagic,

I don't have an iPod, so I am just going on what I have read. But from what I think I have learned, here a few things I like better about MD:

The editing on the fly (away from computer) that an MD provides.
Being able to record direct from analog and/or digital sources.
Direct recording from a microphone. (Even live performances)
This is just personal, I guess, but I like removable media.
Sound quality...although I don't really have an iPod to compare, I know the MD has CD sound quality that I believe is superior to iPod.

This is at least a partial list, there may be other things. Also, if I owned an iPod, I would probably find things I like better about it. However, I think for my use and applications the MD is much better. The only advantage the iPod would offer me right now is the Airclick remote. If MD had a low cost, RF remote then I would be really happy.

I am also a singer/songwriter/musician, so I use the MD for my other profession, so this weighs in with my decision too.

Regan
Mister Mystery
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Quote:
On 2006-02-20 12:21, Regan wrote:
Glodmagic,

I don't have an iPod, so I am just going on what I have read. But from what I think I have learned, here a few things I like better about MD:

The editing on the fly (away from computer) that an MD provides.
Being able to record direct from analog and/or digital sources.
Direct recording from a microphone. (Even live performances)
This is just personal, I guess, but I like removable media.
Sound quality...although I don't really have an iPod to compare, I know the MD has CD sound quality that I believe is superior to iPod.

This is at least a partial list, there may be other things. Also, if I owned an iPod, I would probably find things I like better about it. However, I think for my use and applications the MD is much better. The only advantage the iPod would offer me right now is the Airclick remote. If MD had a low cost, RF remote then I would be really happy.

I am also a singer/songwriter/musician, so I use the MD for my other profession, so this weighs in with my decision too.

Regan

Let's clear up some Facts on the iPod
Years ago the iPod could not move a track without a computer. Years ago.
The current iPods allow you to add to ( the "on-the-go") playlist out in the field without a computer.

Recording is definitely a reason to use a MD as the iPod currently does not support recording to the device (except the small dictation mic that was 3rd party). If that is important to you I would totally agree that MD is your preferred device. Removable media as a preference I respect entirely as a personal issue but do not know why carrying around several extra discs (which I have misplaced at a show) is important when several playlists are on an iPod that do the same thing. Backup for these playlists remain on your computer. A custom recorded Minidisc is scary to me without it replicated on a computer.

Now for quality...
Apple LOSSLESS format is exactly that. It is audiophile quality as if you bought the CD. The newest MD has made improvements but make no mistake about it. The quality is better on a lossless recording using iTunes.

Which brings me to iTunes which I believe that you are familiar with from other threads. IT is the reason tens of millions of iPods sell. There is no better way to organize, import, export, purchase, adjust audio levels and equalization, and more. It is the most intuitive program I have ever used. Just drag your songs from a main library to a show playlist (on the side border) plug in an iPod, it senses it fills it, and away you go. Your track names are included without cryptic MD button presses.

I have owned more Minidisc recorders and players than I can remember. I have a component MD- CD player which I still use. From minidisco, I even had imported from Japan a MD with a wristwatch RF remote! Don't even think about it..it was junk. Boy did I think that was the answer to my show.
MD has been great, it has had it's time, and it's time to move on. The sooner you get the free iTunes running with your songs the better. Get an AirClick Remote and a low cost iPod and your show will be what you want!

Remember, I am not slamming Minidiscs, and I am not slamming VHS or cassette tapes. I still use (at the time of this writing) VHS tapes. Circuit City still sells VHS and cassette players ....they no longer sell MD recorders. I hope that puts it in perspective.

As the Pizza commercial says "I fear a change".
jcss
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of jcss
IJet use and works great
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » IJet vs. AirClick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL