The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » Effects in Holland » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Hello, I wonder if other countries have different classics in magic than in America. If not classics commom plots that are not seen here. Do you believe that all the effects done in Holland are known in the U.S.?
If there are such unknown effects or plots could you name one or two? Or is magic such a small community that every one is familier with the styles and effects from other countries? Thanks, Glenn
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Hi Glenn,

Yes, Magicland seems a very small place. As for the Netherlands compared to the US, we are familiar with the same classics and plots, as far as I can see.

BTW, Are you guys in the US familiar with signed card to wooden shoe? Smile

Thanks for your post, Glenn

Best,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I would say, "No," wooden shoe? Smile
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
One thing did occur to me: in the US and UK, smoking is much less popular than it is in much of Europe. My state (NJ) has just instituted a smoking ban in public places.

Last I had contact with people from the Netherlands, smoking was still very commonplace. I wonder if that means that cigarette tricks are also more popular?
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Very true, Smoking is still very popular in Europe, at least in the Netherlands. I think that it COULD reflect in Dutch magic. Infact I still perform the vanishing litt cigarette in jacket trick, maybe because I'm a social smoker myself Smile

Good question.

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hello Peter, I have had the pleasure of visiting your country when I was in the army and stationed in Germany. I was quite supprised as to the friendliness of your country. I have to say that after vistiing quite a few countries in Europe that my two favorites are Italy and the Netherlands. The Netherlands in terms of its ability to speak English. Italy because of its roboustness. I love the language in Italy. Being a able to speak Spanish helped me out in Italy. I must say though that as a soldier away from home the only two places I visited in Holland were Rotterdam and the infamous Amsterdam. I loved Amsterdam!:)
Magic is a vanishing art.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I hate to make generalizations when it comes to nationalities, but every dutch person I've known has had a really wacky sense of humor!
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Actually Mr. Hallahan had one of the best lines above...........everyone missed it!
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Quote:
On 2006-02-08 19:04, Bill Hallahan wrote:
I would say, "No," wooden shoe? Smile

Bill, LOL. You ARE familiar with dutch magic!

Yes, we dutch people DO have a wacky sense of humor, but we have our reasons for having so: Ever been hit by a windmill? Smile

Peter

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » Effects in Holland » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL