The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where do you buy your tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Sunny, what makes you say that about Penguin?
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
I recently bought a few tricks from the Hollywood Magic Shop (Hollywood, CA) and they were very helpful. Being a beginner they actually steered me away from a purchase of an ITR and helped me just get IT and Ammars Easy to Learn Thread Miracles Volume 2. The salesman (I think his name was Neil) really took a lot of time to discuss what interested me the most and where I should start. He also did a demo of EVERY trick I was even modereately interested in.

I have also bought from Penguin but mostly as impluse buys while browsing online.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
BEWARE!

I just bought an item on "sale price" from Hank Lee, however when I check my online statement I had been billed twice: once for the sale price and again for the difference (without any notice for re-billing my credit card)

I have emailed him to rectify the situation. I will re-post if he corrects the wrong. I am not pleased with this unscrupulous behavior.

THAT'S ILLEGAL (it's called theft, or I hope for his sake they have just made a mistake)

Sean
casualmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of casualmagic
Hi, first post here.

I take a look at some of the online shops mentioned here but there are none that accept paypal AND international orders. Do you know any online shop that accepts both options?
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
If you go to the Paypal site and click on SHOPS at the bottom, you will be able to search shops that take Paypal ( http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_shop-ext ). From there, you might be able to find some that ship Internationally.

Just doing a quick search on magic, I found the following: http://www.magicmarket.co.uk/
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I've had very good luck with Locke Family Magic and Dazzling Magic. Top rate customer service and wonderful products. Some of their stuff might seem a little pricey, but trust me, it's well worth it! Much better quality that will last for years. If I can't find what I'm looking for at Locke or Dazzling, I'll either hit eBay or the Magic Warehouse. A friend of mine is starting his own online magic store - Minton Magic - which is worth checking out as well.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I am lucky enough to know Hank Moorehouse, and I buy a lot of my stuff through him, unless I know an effect is only available through a specific dealer. After that I always go to http://dazzlingmagic.com to see what Marty and Brenda Hahne have to offer, or to Duane Laflin's site: http://www.lockfamilymagic.com . After that I will usually check "the ambitious card" since Frank always has great prices. I have always been able to find what I need at those places, and then some! (can't forget the Café, either!)
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Adam Teece
View Profile
New user
Lehigh Acres, FL
52 Posts

Profile of Adam Teece
I have had great luck buying from MJMMagic and Ellusionist.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Forgot to menthion the ambitious card's url: http://www.theambitiouscard.com

If you are in to doing kids show stuff you can't beat Sammy Smith's line of effects: http://www.spsmagic.com/
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
249 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I have purchased from Hocus Pocus, Ellusionist, Penguin, Hank Lee, and MJM Magic with success. MJM Magic is my favorite of the batch. The price is great, shipping is not inflated, packaging is secure, and customer service is top tier.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
And of course...
You can always invent your own Smile
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
I placed an order at the Magic Warehouse on Tuesday. I sent an email to change the order and tried to call them every day since then. I have not heard a peep out of them and nobody is answering the phone or returning emails... does anybody know what is going on there? Usually I would have my order by now!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I don't ordinarily order magic online. I'm blessed to have an amazing magic dealer in town- Misdirections of San Francisco!

Occasionally I will peruse ebay- I picked up some BlackFox scarab shells much cheaper than I should have that way. I fell in love with them when I saw Bob Sheets use them.

G
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
I really like MJM Magic at this point- great products, service and price Smile
toni42
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of toni42
Great links posted here, all bookmarked Smile
sadamspmp
View Profile
New user
Sunny Tampa, Florida
34 Posts

Profile of sadamspmp
Within the past month I've ordered from Circle City Magic, Ellusionist, MagicTricks.com, The Magic Depot, and Loomis Magic. Overall I found prices to be very similar when you factor in shipping costs. I really like to know when my order has been "received" and when it shipped and the Magic Depot was excellent at both of these as was Ellusionist. I think it's hard to select just one vendor but if I had to I'd go with Magic Depot or Circle City depending on what you're looking for. Just my opinion.
DaddyDoodle
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Hemisphere
277 Posts

Profile of DaddyDoodle
EBay
PenguinMagic.com
ItsMagicOnline.com <<---Brick-n-Mortar shop in Nashville, TN (great spot!)
Smile Tally-ho! And Tuscarora too! Smile
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
I shop @ Misdirections most of the time. http://www.misdirections.com They also have great lectures if you can make it out to San Francisco.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I like the fact that MJM magic and Penguin magic indicates whether or not a product is in stock on their website. I've been waiting a week to receive an order from Hocus Pocus. I called them and was told that they won't have the items for yet another week or so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Where do you buy your tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL