The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » ...the secret weapons of table hopping close uppers... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
Hi!
I am looking for the best secret (!)body servante for ditching objects as close up worker.
...I do not wear a suit!!!
I already use a belly servante - but I wanted to ask if anyone knows a good alternative for this kind of servante.YES I use the pockets I have.

I have the Garret Thomas DVDs and he seems to use a clever concept or special pants - I did not understand the name of the pants he uses which he mentioned on the DVD.
Any input would be great!
Best,
T
karbonkid
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of karbonkid
What effect are you trying to accomplish? this will greatly dictate the method, in my opinion.
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
You should wear a suit, that way you can use a topit, but if you don't like it then you can always say you need to get something in a bag and ditch it there ^_^

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Suits also make sleeving possible.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
...thanks.
Can anyone explain what kind of pants Garret Thomas did wear during the performance on his DVDs?
They seemed VERY practical and also very natural!!
No strange moves.
I did not understand the name when he mentioned them.
Best,
T
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
He called them "cargo pants" if I remember correctly. Although I'm not an expert in fashion jargon, it appears that he is wearing pants with a side pocket cut on an angle on the outside of the thigh similar to painters pants. I believe cargo pants have several pockets located on the front of the thighs and on the sides, but I could be mistaken. They are casual attire and would be worn under the same circumstances as jeans. So if that fits the venues in which you perform, they may serve your purpose.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of brainman
That`s the answer I was looking for. Thank you.
At the moment I am wearing such trousers - but during performing - I do not - so I will be creative,
best,
T
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20379 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My first thought is that you underestimate the usefullness of the common pocket.

Proper misdirection will allow for lots of ditching with the every day common pocket. Just wear proper pants and not skin tight jeans and it is easy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » ...the secret weapons of table hopping close uppers... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL