The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Spooked on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I just saw this on Hocus-pocus. Before attacked I did do a search but found nothing regarding to the DVD release. Now I usually do the haunted deck with loops or the Leclair animator way. I have never seen this one performed. Via PM or without exposure, why is this $100? It says that all gimmicks are included. honestly if it requires more then IT, LOOPS, or an ITR I think it might be to much work for the effect. Now again I have never seen this but am curious and getting my tax return SOON. So any help would be great.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I am interested to know too Smile

Is there some mechanism required Smile for haunted deck effect?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1357 Posts

Profile of bekralik
I think it's the same thing as what's on the video Spooked released in 2003 I think, maybe it was before that. Just now it's on dvd. Same effect, different media. It was $100 then, it's $100 now; reviews will be the same as for the video.

Brian
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Spooked is far more impressive than the loops method. You are further away from the deck and can cause the card to jump out. It is mind boggling and gets very very good reactions
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK then a more detailed answer is kinda what I was looking for. I like to minimize the gaffs that I carry. Its hard to explain what it is that I am looking for. For example. The version E. Burger does, to me is to much set up although it does look very nice. The loops version. Almost impromptu, the LeClaire version, kinda have to be extra careful and more practice on it coming out smooth. Is spooked a completely new how do you say apparatus, or just a better handling with the previous stated requirements. Its not the $100 bucks that bothers me, If the magic is good then the price is the least of my worries, I just don't want an outlandish method that is different from say IT, ITR, Loops. To be honest I don't think I will get the answer that I am looking for. At least without exposure. And that is fine, I just don't neceserally have to add another prop in my pocket when I am already HOOKED up from the ears to the wrists so forth and so on.

Also does anyone have a WMP version of this? My RMP is acting up and wont let e see the demo from hocus pocus.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
You already have the gimmick, you are paying this much as it is the best version available to learn, Nicholas didn't want just anyone to pay £15 easily and everyone do it, it is for serious workers, and it is a great trick, the price is justified
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Sounds great, I think I am going to have to get it. Thanks fellas.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Im also thinking about getting SPOOKED, but I called
HP and they said they don't have it yet.

I guess I will wait.

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-02-13 14:31, BMWGuy wrote:
Im also thinking about getting SPOOKED, but I called
HP and they said they don't have it yet.

I guess I will wait.

alex

Hmmmm. You mean it's "back ordered"? A real time cart would avoid the confussion.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have "Spooked".... the price is steep but this is something that is very well thought out and explained....the supplied materials are top notch......I have spent 100 dollares on things that disappoint...I am happy to say this is something that I use all the time...use a borrowed deck....the reactions are like they say in the Visa commercial......"priceless". Very pleased with this.

Posted: Feb 15, 2006 2:13am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An informative review here....

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0406spooked.html
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK this is what really frustrates me. I just got mine in and watched the DVD then I started to practice. Seriously after the first four times of practicing it, the ITR snapped. And the sucking didn't work so I disassembled and got it back in but then the tension wasn't right and the the IT got tangled within the elastics then it wont retract at all then I try to re adjust and its just like a avalanche from a snowball the [T] is tangled within all of the elastic. I need help with my ITR who can help Please PM let me know what you can do for me. Other then that, the effect is great but I cannot rely on these D A N things. Any help would be great.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
And this is the reason I stand by the Spider pen.

Justin miller
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ah anyone else?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I sold 'Spooked" after I got it.

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Why?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 14:01, paisa23 wrote:
Why?

I love the "Haunted Pack " ( Al Baker??) but I thought this was poor. Not worth the hype ( ;-)

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
And this this the reason I avoid most gimmicks......
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Spooked is amazing, but you will have problems with tension after a while and snapping. If you can afford lots of ITR's or are good at fixing them then this will blow people's minds. Unfortunately, I get really impatient when it comes to fixing it and I can't afford lots of ITR's.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I am telling you guys substitute the Spider pen for the MINI itr that comes with spooked. 100% improvement.

Justin Miller
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-03-23 10:41, jussy wrote:
I am telling you guys substitute the Spider pen for the MINI itr that comes with spooked. 100% improvement.

Justin Miller

Justin, I think you hit it what's wrong with Spooked ( that ITR that comes with it )and the Spider Pen would correct that. Thanks for sharing!!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Spooked on DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL