The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » In search of a table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GraytScot
View Profile
New user
Dark side
18 Posts

Profile of GraytScot
I am looking for a appearing table like the one used in Cellini's THE ART OF STREET PERFORMING
Professional Reality Bender
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I think the table you are looking for is called a Harbin Table. The closest I have been able to find is called the INSTANT MAGIC TABLE from Daytona Magic:

http://www.daytonamagic.com/Accessories/AC002.htm#INSTANT%20MAGIC%20TABLE:

hope this helps
kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
GraytScot
View Profile
New user
Dark side
18 Posts

Profile of GraytScot
Thanks kono
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1524 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Doesn't appear to be very sturdy though.
GraytScot
View Profile
New user
Dark side
18 Posts

Profile of GraytScot
The price shocked me that cheaper than I thought it would be
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Sturdiness was never the intent behind the Harbin Table. It is designed to appear magically and could then function to be worked "from", rather than "on". You could sit something lightweight upon the table in order to free your hands, but it was not intended for use as a direct working surface, as in performing Cups and Balls or some similar endeavor.

The Instant Magic Table from Daytona Magic is definitely cheap enough. I wouldn't want to build and try to sell one for that price. But, in case you are interested in the possibility of constructing your own...

The Table Book from Magic, Inc. has the construction details, as does the book, The Magic of Robert Harbin.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
My recommendation would be to go to Ron Allesi Magic, and check out the folding table from (working from memory, here) World of Magic. Folds up pretty flat, and has a hole to carry it like you would a briefcase. I have one in black, the one Ron's selling is in red. VERY nice table, and pretty darned stable, too. I think it's around $250, and you definitely get quality.

Steve Thomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » In search of a table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL