The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Does anyone know of a good online source for balloon flowers?

One of the restaurants I work in wants me to work for a couple hours on Valentine's Day doing nothing but flowers for the ladies. I know a couple, but thought it would be good to have variety, so all the ladies don't have the same one.

Brian
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
Brian, Balloon Headquarters has some diferent flowers. The thing is, there are probably only so many types you can make with a balloon. I might suggest trying different sizes of balloons (160Q, 260Q, 350Q) and also, make balloons like teddy bears and put a napkin rose in it for the ladies. These really look wonderful and are easy to make. If you have the latest issue of Magic Magazine the even give you some napkins with instructions. Good luck and have fun!
POPO
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Thanks Popo,

Strangely, the restaurant owner does not want me making anything but flowers. He even clarified this by saying that if any of the ladies ask for a Teddy, the answer is "no". Flowers only!

I thought it was kind of strange, but he's paying the bill.

I'll check out Balloon HQ.

Brian
nornb
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of nornb
Brian,
Can I suggest 6 inch heart balloons (Ruby red) for valentines day.
You can make 3 or 4 petal flowers by tying them together, or indeed use a single heart to make what would be "a fairy wand" for a little girl. Just use a green stalk and twist a couple of leaves.
Using a looped 260 you can make the 6 petal flower, but remember a four petal flower which starts in a similar way is quicker and easier. You can use two 260s to make a four petal flower with large petals, or twisted into an 8 lobe ball flower. There is also a three lobed flower using a single 260 - I can't remember the details but at the end of each lobe there was an ear twist.
Remember the small tulip flowers and also buttonieres (spelling?) flowers for placing on a ladies wrist. Older ladies often like these.
Actually once you've blown up the heart balloon that is all they want - a single unbroken heart.
Hope this helps,
Norn
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Thanks for the ideas Norn. I do have some of the balloon hearts, and was looking for a way to make them part of the flower.

I've also got some 160's, for smaller flowers, or wrist flowers.

Thanks again.

Brian
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Check out Mike Kenyon's columns on Balloon HQ. His flowers are absolutely amazing. In fact, he runs a business where he sends balloon bouquets through the mail to Internet clients.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL