The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tarbell Five Out Of Print (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just heard that Tarbell 5 is currently out of print... Anyone know the deal on that one? The other volumes evidently are still fine, but what the hay?
Daniel Sova
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Daniel Sova
Try Elmwood Magic. Paul has been really helpful to me in the past. If he doesn't have Tarbell 5, He can probably get it for you. At least he can give you the scoop.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Daniel - thanks for the suggestion; I did manage to find one late yesterday at Barry's Magic Shop locally. It seems silly that any volume of Tarbell would suffer the OOP fate. Every other page in these books contains something that is being marketed in the magic shops (I exaggerate, but not much). My gawd, what is the world coming to?

As Denny Haney says, "It's in Tarbell..."
keithmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of keithmagic
I would be prepared for the complete OOP status of all the Tarbell volumes!

Volumes like The Encyclopedia of Silk Magic (and I hear 13 Steps as well) will no longer be printed, but will become a cheap CD-ROM. An unfortunate fate I believe.

Keith Stickley
Author of "The Festival Entertainer" The Professional Entertainer's Guide to Booking and Working Outdoor Fairs, Festivals, and Events.
Available at http://www.howtobookfestivals.com
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Of course, since they aren't DVD's, who wants 'em? They're just a bunch of outdated old relics anyway. I mean, who's this Jack Benny Tarbell talks about? And if I actually repeat the patter in the books, nobody will understand what I'm saying, including me. Best to let them die so we can get to the real magic. Now where're my Avril Levigne CD's? I want to hear some REAL punk music while I practice the trick I just downloaded.

I wonder how much it'd cost to purchase the rights to Tarbell from Robbins...
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
And make sure that you memorize the patter exactly as spoken so that you will be a good little clone. Jeez, there's no originality anymore.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Bobn3, methinks that you missed the sarcasm.
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Hahaha this was my favorite part

Quote:
On 2006-02-14 13:33, folksingmagic wrote:
Best to let them die so we can get to the real magic. Now where're my Avril Levigne CD's? I want to hear some REAL punk music while I practice the trick I just downloaded.

drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Just heard from Denny that #5 will be reprinted sometime soon - it just amazed me that any of these volumes would go OOP. Got #8 today - Man, what treasures be in them thar hills!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Tarbell Five Out Of Print (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL