The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Custom Wine Glass Holder? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Another problem,

It seems as if I will never have a finished act. Anywho, I am producing a wine glass, I need to build or purchase a holder for the steal. I want the glass to hang/clip in, upsidedown. I would need a holder that would allow me to just reach into my coat and take the wine glass right out. any ideas, books, gimmicks, videos, etc, that can be pointed out to me would be great. Also if you have any ideas where the glass is upright that is great too.

Thanks again guys,

DJ
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Also,

I need the steal to be quick and clean, I am looking for a holder that will allow easy removal of the glass, kinda like butter.

DJ
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
I made up one from a wire coat hanger works well for what I needed at the time.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
2 Ideas come to mind... However, they may not work well if you plan on having liquid in the glass...

One is a modified billiard ball clip, made larger (the kind with two loops)

The second one is Paul Gertner's (sp?) from his Silver and Steel (I think that's the name...) videos. He has a method for producing a large hour glass. A slight modification would allow you to produce the glass either upside down or right side up.

Derek Merdinyan
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2006-02-13 18:57, DerekMerdinyan wrote:

The second one is Paul Gertner's (sp?) from his Silver and Steel (I think that's the name...) videos. He has a method for producing a large hour glass. A slight modification would allow you to produce the glass either upside down or right side up.

Derek Merdinyan

I second the holder from Paul Gertner's Steel and Silver DVD. The steal of the load will be like "butter" (with practice of course).
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You can buy one from http://www.stevensmagic.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22440 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pete is correct, go here: http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1387

There is 2 holders you can make yourself. One is a suckion cup on elastic, that will stick to the bottom of the glass upside down. This hangs under your coat at chest level. The other is just a loop of elastic that goes around the base of a stemed glass. The weight of the glass will hold the elastic in place an not slip out. Just kick it off with your thumb.

These ideas are by the late Sam Berland and Joe Berg.
aaronmagic
View Profile
New user
San Pedro, CA
5 Posts

Profile of aaronmagic
Hello all. I'm looking for an updated link for this solution. I currently in the same scenario where I need a holder such as the one Paul Gertner has around his shoulder. I tried the above links to no avail. They seem to have changed since originally posted. Any help is much appreciated.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22440 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Stevens Magic has recently advertised one again, call them, ask for Mark Stevens.

You have to make the Paul Gertner method, but it does not show a way to seal the glass.

Read the Sam Berland idea above.
aaronmagic
View Profile
New user
San Pedro, CA
5 Posts

Profile of aaronmagic
Thank you Bill. That info is much appreciated. Have a good one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Custom Wine Glass Holder? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL