The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Neat Black Art Performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
This appeared on Japanese televison and has been on the internet for a while. I haven't seen any mention of it in the Café, so I thought I'd mention it.
http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-122.htm
or
http://www.besplatne-stvari.com/igre/Zabava/pingpong_matrix/
The first time you watch, it is a little confusing. This is very well executed.
Thank You
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I remember watching this and although I appreciated the work and effort that went into it I was disappointed that the method could be seen so well. With some better lighting it could have been spectacular!

Best,

Tim
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
This has been discussed here in the past. Very funny video but does some bad damage to Black art....
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
I don't think it damages a black art a lot.
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
Cool video
Theatre productions use puppeteers dressed in black outfits to manipulate puppet characters on-stage. Everyone knows they are there, but you are supposed to block them out and just focus on the interaction between the human and marionette characters within the play.

Nice video. I think they should have gone "all the way" with black art, or just made it so obvious that you appreciate the technical aspects of it.
-MATT KAP
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Cool video!

I remember having this video in my mobile phone last year, its a good video and very funny too..

thanks!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
This is not black art it is a form of puppetry......I have saw a very similar act at puppet festival.....
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
It's Japanese bunraku theater. You can find information about it at http://www.asianinterstage.com/tonda/ . I first learned of it from Tears of Joy Puppet Theatre, which is based in Vancouver, Washington, USA.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Cardone you are absolutely right, like I said also, this does not give away black art secret... vice a versa it may even make people belive, that it is impossible to hide black-clad people even in dark Smile
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Now that's funny.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Gaston Quieto
View Profile
New user
Argentina
23 Posts

Profile of Gaston Quieto
Hahaaaaa...I can't stop laughing!
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
This is awesome although it would be even more awesome if you couldn't see the person in the background.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Neat Black Art Performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL