The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tough Handcuff Situation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ABalcom
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
3 Posts

Profile of ABalcom
I don't do a whole lot of escapes, never ventured much beyond the wrist tie in my past stage shows, and a few minor handcuff escapes. (Although we're working on a straight jacket escape for next season.)

Did a sort of "pre-arranged" challenge handcuff escape the other night. There were some problems: for one, the cuffs were a very awkward fit which made my method of escape a little harder than planned. (Rehearsed?!)

Second, upon attempting to remove the cuffs...they didn't want to cooperate. A million thoughts rushed through my head, and I thought it was going to end up a flop. Fortunately, I managed to escape, and it created a new found interest in presenting more escapes in my stage show.

With respect,
A. Balcom

Smile
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi A Balcorn, what type or model cuffs were they?

Ian
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Yes I'm interested in knowing what these uncomfortable handcuffs are...

I'm finding that escapes aren't just for escapologists, it makes any type of themed magic better. Who believes that a mentalist could escape from ropes and chains? I want to see an escapist revival!

Me
morrison
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of morrison
David Blaine is going to attempt a plunge into the Thames and escape from concrete, chains and cuffs - that should create interest in a revival Smile
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I was planning something similar to that. I heard Blaine has forgone the concrete and is using iron boots....
AllThumbs
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
376 Posts

Profile of AllThumbs
I suspect Blaine will miss out on the potential theatrical presentation that could be had from this. I once thought about how to construct "concrete boots". There is a downside though. Concrete can cause nasty chemical burns so using steel boots instead is probably wiser.. of course you have to be careful not to break your ankles.

If I had the will, balls and funds to do this I personally would have me bought to the bridge in a "gangster" car. Have four heavies carrying violin cases drag me out of the car and drop me in. Firing their machine guns in the air and drive off... there are other possible touches I have considered but can't discuss them here as it would constitute method.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
The above is all rubbish, except that which you chose to believe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tough Handcuff Situation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL