The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » What do you think of these cups? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Maybe these are 30 sets of "seconds" or "slightly irregulars"?

Man I'm gettin' jaded in my old age!

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I thought they only made seconds until I got to thinking "How can they be "seconds" if they don't make any "firsts?" Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Sometimes with MM they restrict a dealers purchase, most likely it is 30 sets per dealer for the time being. About 2 years back, they were going to release a Stainless Steel version of the Faux cup they make. Only several sets were sent out and an over zealous dealer announced they were recieving 10 sets, actually only 10 sets were distributed throughout the US and Europe for evaluation by dealers. So you never really know with MM, there may only be 30 sets total until they see if the cups catch on. On another note, they did not proceed with the stainless version of the Faux cup as the annealing process for the stainless was too much of a cost factor, even in China. The cups had to be anealed every 1/4" of spinning, yech!

I'm hoping this latest incarnation of cups from them is a minimum of 050 material, anything less is going to give them a soda can feeling.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 19:40, magicman845 wrote:
Maybe these are 30 sets of "seconds" or "slightly irregulars"?

Man I'm gettin' jaded in my old age!

Kent

Most MM cups are all seconds even if they're good sets. Most of the time you have to buy several sets and mix and match the cups so the mouth beads are the same in each set. If they could fix that and the flat spot in the saddle on their cups they would have it made.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13363 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I'm looking for a nice small and not too heavy set of cups with a nice sized saddle.
And not too squat. I don't mind them being a little bit tall, as they are easier to grab a hold of.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 23:34, Frank Starsini wrote:
I'm looking for a nice small and not too heavy set of cups with a nice sized saddle.
And not too squat. I don't mind them being a little bit tall, as they are easier to grab a hold of.

How about the Riser Traditionals?

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13363 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Too big and too heavy. I'd like to be able to carry them in a jacket pocket or my pouch if possible.

I think I might have found exactly what I'm looking for...
the von Dokkum nesting cups. why didn't I think of that before.

I can see a routine coming together in my mind already.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » What do you think of these cups? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL