The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ran out of effects!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lofty
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
128 Posts

Profile of Lofty
MagicMike - glad to see you made it through.
What can we learn from Mikes story - be prepared.

No matter what type of gig I'm booked for I always have 'my other stuff' with me, sometimes on me othertimes in the car. I am prepared to do Strolling, parlor, kids, balloons. And I keep a sound system in the car, Just in case.

No matter what the client says you are booked for - circumstances can change. If you are prepared and can adapt your show the client will appreciate it.

Lofty
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of jezza
I feel 2 hours is a lot for an audience to see magic for (even myself as a magician would be bored )I prob would have narrowed it down to maybe 25 mins then a break and then another 25 mins or something ?
If you get a repeat booking what are you going to do

Mike I would definately get a sat nav (I bought one last summer and they really do take stress out finding places )prob the best thing ive bought in ages
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
608 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 12:34, jezza wrote:
Mike I would definately get a sat nav (I bought one last summer and they really do take stress out finding places )prob the best thing ive bought in ages

Hi Jezza been meaning to get one for a while I finally bought one today (Garmin) as my next booking is tomorrow (wont be getting lost on that booking)
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-02-15 23:25, Carl Andrews wrote:
Todd hit the nail on the head. The client doesn't know what will work best, you have to find out as much as you can about the party and then suggest the entertainment format that will work best based on your experience. A close-up show or parlour show would have fit the bill perfectly.

I have to agree with you and Todd. If it's possible for the group to gather around you, like at a garden party, they probably will.

My rule of thumb is to book an hour of strolling magic per 100 people. If the audience is small, I try to book a standup show. I've had strolling gigs turn into standup shows, so I'm careful to ask a lot of questions.
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
I have also been on the wrong end of not asking enough questions up front. That's when getting to the show becomes the biggest "suprise" of the night!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ran out of effects!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL