The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Four Hand Clap Induction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Has anyone tried Tom Silver's 4 Hand Clap Induction in a stage show?
It looks interesting. I'm just wondering how effective it is.
Thanks in advance.
Beauregard
View Profile
New user
Katrinaville
66 Posts

Profile of Beauregard
Mr. Spinnato,
It sound as if it's a progressive relaxation induction.
Is there a place to see or read this method ?

Regards,
Beauregard
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
There are a lot of rapid inductions, but for my show, I like to use a regular slow induction - the crowd expects it and I want to give it to them. I'll use a rapid induction if I want to put someone down after the initial induction, but only then. Hope this helps.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I do it. Very effective and super FAST! Well worth the $29.95 price for the DVD.
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Just as a side note, from Mattisdx recommendation, I ordered this DVD. Tom actually took the time to contact and chat about what I was hoping to accomplish, as I am quite new to this field. He very kindly pointed me to another DVD that contained more rapid inductions and didn't charge me the extra. This is a very nice guy. The DVD is excellent, and although I wasn't sure if I could replicate a speed induction, I did! I got the "Hypnosis Inductions that Work" DVD.
He could have just let me get what I ordered, but he took an interest in me.

10/10 for customer service and quality of the DVD.

Kind regards,

Steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
I'm interested in this very much. For a class project, I would like to learn to hypnotize someone as part of the one hour final...
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Tom Silver's stuff is great!
Sven Heubes
View Profile
New user
Duesseldorf, Germany
59 Posts

Profile of Sven Heubes
Quote:
There are a lot of rapid inductions, but for my show, I like to use a regular slow induction - the crowd expects it and I want to give it to them.

When I started in performing Hypnosis nearly 20 Years ago, I also used a slow induction. You are right when you say "the crowd expects it...", but what about doing something unexpected? I compare it to a magic performance. In my opinion, there's nothing more boring then to build up a certain expectation, and then to approve it. On the other side, a surprisingly quick induction is a pretty strong convincer, and it saves you time for more "stunts". This is my opinion.

Greetz,
Sven
If you were half as good as you think you are, you would be double as good as you think you are...

Dai Vernon
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Doing a classic 20 minute induction is not necessary. It is terribly boring. Doing an "instant induction" really does not serve the purpose either.

Right down the middle, like the answer to MOST questions in life, is really the way to go. More time for "skits", and the crowd gets what they expect. Everyone wins.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I know this is an old thread, but would Tom Silver's DVDs be great for an absolute beginner?
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2006-12-11 21:38, Blindside785 wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but would Tom Silver's DVDs be great for an absolute beginner?

No, Ormond McGill's Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis is what you want.
Good luck.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
If you are just starting in hypnosis, please read the two topics at the beginning of this forum.

Lee Darrow,
Staff
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Four Hand Clap Induction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL