The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Indirect suggestions and waking hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
Hello all, this is my first post so don't be hard on me... I am looking for materials on the subject mentioned in this thread. (there aren't any indirect commands here tough...) I have ordered Mcgill's encyclopedia, and I already have the following books: Kenton Knepper - Kentonism & Wonder Words & Miracles of Suggestion, all Luke Jermay books and his video, Ross Jeffries material, Gary Kurtz - Leading with your head, Ford Kross - Suggestive Mentalism, Milton H Erickson - Hypnotic Realities and Ormond McGill - How to produce Miracles. I heard about Gerald Klein and Jonathan Royle. Can you "suggest" some more material?
There is a long thread here about waking hypnosis and its existance but I couldn't extract any new ideas from there.
I know I already have lots of material, but it is never too much I think.
BTW, I can't find Orville Meyer's Telepathy in action book. It is nowhere to be found.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Are you talking about covert hypnosis or conversational hypnosis?
hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
I am looking for information on waking hypnosis and covert hypnosis. Indirect suggestions are part of these techniques if I am correct. I also tried to look for Bill O'conell's videos, but couldn't find them.
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
Could you please define the differences between Covert and Conversational hypnosis? I am somewhat familiar with suggestion and stage hypnosis but not too familiar with those terms.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
HypnotizeAmerica
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of HypnotizeAmerica
Hypnotize -

I doubt Bill O'conell's still has a video. You might want to contact him directly and see if he does. I know he still has an awesome ebook and flash cards for covert hypnosis but that is all. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Coversational and Covert hypnosis in my opinion are the same thing, just different name.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Perhaps a better question is what do you wish to accomplish? That will help focus the question better...it's a pretty wide topic now.
hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
I want to be good at it. So then I could hypnotize you covertly so you tell me where I can get more material.
triadsong
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
170 Posts

Profile of triadsong
Now, that's funny
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Without a clear goal your question is too general. Do you want to do hypnotism shows, sales, seduction, other...?

The application will clarify what information you seek. If you just want general information in the hopes of getting "magical" powers over others you probably will not accomplish what you seek. A single goal will create a practical skill set...many goals will keep you dreaming.
dan parker
View Profile
New user
Germany
51 Posts

Profile of dan parker
Why the heck you want to do it covert?

I don´t know on which environment you can use these techniques seriously?

Make it open and wild if you want to do a show.
hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
Ok, I would like to be able to do a show without telling the people that it is hypnosis. I am not talking about stage hypnosis show - I know it is not possible without actually telling people they are being hypnotized. I want to design a show based on my ideas, and to be as covert as possible. The idea is to make people want something but they would never know how or why they want it badly.
Yes, you may say it has to do with seduction also - you attract them to something with 'under the radar' techniques.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Kreskin and some others do the no-induction approach...check into him.

The word "hypnotism" is a saleable word...how would you package the show to sell it? What would you call it?
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
If your 'forcing' people to want something that they wouldn't noramlly want, isn't that just psychological force. I reememeber seeing a Derren brown example of this, and it wasn't hypnosis, it was suggestion, and some simple magic effects. It almosts fits into what gerneral marketing does.

Maybe some simple anchoring?

Wow am I really off the mark now or what, but I am interested in any material on whatever this type of approuch is?

regards

steve
Lost in space
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
Luke Jermay uses this idea a lot in his works (not the Coral Fang). He incorporates heavy psychology and suggestions into simple tricks. Together it achieves an awesome effect. It is a magical blend. BUT, I am interested in purely psychological stuff, propless mentalism. Kreskin is missing from my shelves so maybe I'll check his books. I understood that his DVD is great but some ideas are still not revealed there. That's why I bought the new encyclopedia by Mcgill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Indirect suggestions and waking hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL