The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Slydini's Knotted Silks (Nylon "Silk" Source) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
I understand that a nylon fabric works better in this routine than silk. If this is true, does anyone know where I can get good quality nylon "silks"? Preferably in Red, White and Blue colors.

Thanks,
Scott
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Scottie you may try Tony Clark for a source. He also has a DVD available with silks and I seem to recall there was an address on the end of it for getting extra "silks".
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Rip stop Nylon is what Tony Slydini sold at lectures for this trick. Normally it was in white and 21" square. He taught me the trick with regular silks. He also made a some in colors to use in my dove act. Frankly, about 1980 I switched back to using just silk. It flows so much better and treats light so much better than Nylon does on stage. The hems are not so thick either.

I certainly would not pay as much for Nylon as I would for silk. Nylon hanks will deteriorate in light whether you use them or not. (One reason Nylon rope can't be used for many things.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22390 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 21:11, srayproctor wrote:
I understand that a nylon fabric works better in this routine than silk. If this is true, does anyone know where I can get good quality nylon "silks"? Preferably in Red, White and Blue colors.

Thanks,
Scott

Good quality Nylon material can be purchased from fabric shops. Nylon is not a rare material. It does wrinkle more. Just hem it up yourself or have a seamstress do it for you. Nylon colors are not as brilliant or the hew is not as strong, usually. I believe you will be disappointed in using this material, but it can be used. Just do a French hem.
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
L & L Publishing has some very nice silks for this effect.
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
358 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Item # 35 on General Grants price list.

"Slydini Silks - $25.00 - (2) 18" silks made of the best Parachute Nylon just like the set used by Tony Slydini"

You can reach him here..... GGMagic@aol.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I've done the same routine using plastic grocery store bags (impromptu). Only, I don't use two bags, I tie the handle ends and... well... you know the rest.
POOF!
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
What a great idea kregg!!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
733 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Is it just me but I have big problems with the spectator tying the knot onto the silk......it just wont snap into the sl** K***..... what am I doing wrong??

lol

Ash
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Slydini's Knotted Silks (Nylon "Silk" Source) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL