The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Comical Hypnotic suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Magical Mesmerizer
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of The Magical Mesmerizer
Can any good hypnotists tell me how when they give a post-hypnotic suggestion to do things like bark like a dog, quack like a duck, or cluck or strut like a chicken, why do the hypnoized people do those things and is it pretty funny when they do it?
hard question maybe, but I really don't know how to ask it.
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
MM,

This has been covered a bunch of times in this 'room'.

You are asking someone to 'explain' trance, which is not easy to do. In brief, Hypnosis is a set of skills that lets you give 'suggestions' to a subject's unconscious mind. They do it becuase they are in 'trance' and are willingly accepting your suggestions.

I would suggest going to a local library and getting a book out on hypnosis.

To answer your second question - post-hypnotic suggestions can be the source of great comedy but it takes a good performer (with good skills as a hypnotist) to make it entertaining.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20833 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tastefull suggestions and not demeaning ones are what work best for me.

no dog barking stuff.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
I rememeber seeing a show when I was on holiday back in the ninties, and watching a hypnotist do this kind of stunt, he brought up 2 (not the best looking girls) and got them to behave like dogs. I was terrible, they were both in floods of tears afterwards, as lots were calling them dogs etc. I had forgotton about this show. He was embarrsing the audinece to get his laughs. Terrible show. I think that is a real danger

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
I rememeber seeing a show when I was on holiday back in the ninties, and watching a hypnotist do this kind of stunt, he brought up 2 (not the best looking girls) and got them to behave like dogs. I was terrible, they were both in floods of tears afterwards, as lots were calling them dogs etc. I had forgotton about this show. He was embarrsing the audinece to get his laughs. Terrible show. I think that is a real danger

steve
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
On that note steve I watched a magician do a baffeling bra to a VERY shy woman at a stage show. Put her in tears. Terrible show. I think it is a real danger.

A lousy magician can make an entire audience uncomfortable, a great one has the voulunteers and audience loving them. Same with hypnosis. If you have some idiot humilating people, he's in for a short career. A good hypnotist who understands the science of hypnosis and the art of performing can fill theatres again and again.
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
The Magical Mesmerizer
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of The Magical Mesmerizer
What do you mean Kevincanny, by doing a BAFFELING BRA TO A VERY SHY WOMAN, what kind of stunt is that, I've never heard of it, I'm not going to try it, just wandered what the stunt was?
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Sorry mesmerizer -- the baffeling bra is a 'magic' effect in which the 'magiaican' seems to pull a the bra out from inside a girls shirt. I was comparing bad magic tricks to bad hypnotists.
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20833 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And with remarkable accuracy I might add.

good point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Comical Hypnotic suggestions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL