The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Needle through balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I went to a machine shop and they made me a long needle.

I used a shiny gold ribbon threaded through the hole.

I kept needle in a wand that had vaseline in it, so it's ready to go and your needle is protected.

I got these GREAT balloons from 'Superior Balloon' I don't know if the company exists anymore? But they were perfect. I would put a little snowstorm in them so when I stuck the balloon it would look cool.

I stopped doing NTB beacause every Tom, Dick and Clown were doing it. But it's still a GREAT trick.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
I use embroidery thread that is very thin but very bright. I use two threads looped through so that is four thicknesses. Never had a problem.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Use a cheap wooden skewer and spend your money on other stuff. If you break it use another one from the packet.

The secret of this trick was expose worldwide at many Internet locations since sometime ago, so I don’t understand why some dealers still selling it at high price.

For more details look at the following Web Site:
http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000135
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
If the secret has been exposed I think it's been forgotten about. I've been using it with adults in team-building seminars as an example of risk-taking...they are quite fascinated by it...say they've never seen anything like that before.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Dear Ireland:
Agree with you regarding balloon routine is great, I use it frequently, but my point was the “cost” of something that you could learn free. The secret could be found searching the Internet and cost of materials are low.
Regards!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Needle through balloon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL