The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Out of all your impromptu trick which one gets the most reaction? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
osmar
View Profile
New user
Burke, Virginia
32 Posts

Profile of osmar
I have a few....but I start with the ripped dollar bill (i guess that's its name)....quarter bite (if I have it with me)....quarter through leg......they all get great reactions....Oh....one thing...."quarter through soda can" (sinful) is probably the one that gets the best reactions, however, I think it is too good to do it as a "first" quick impromptu trick....i usually do it after I've done at least a few more simple ones.....
TaylorM
View Profile
New user
Chicago
25 Posts

Profile of TaylorM
I find that the vanish 5000 (not completely impromtu, but close enought) from AoA book 1 gets awesome reactions. it is a gimmickless sugar vanish- great stuff.

~Taylor
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
For me is sinful
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
377 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Money morph,Rubberband hand cuffs of death,color changing knife.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
jonzola
View Profile
New user
canada
42 Posts

Profile of jonzola
The arm twist thingy always gets great reactions...
Rajat Mittal
View Profile
New user
London
98 Posts

Profile of Rajat Mittal
PK touches
PK time
Kollosal Killer
RickyD
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of RickyD
As Greg Wilson points out in "Off the Cuff", there's a difference between "improvised" and "impromptu". For example, when I go to my in-laws house, I know we'll spend several HOURS playing card games (they're really big on that), and I know all they have in the house are red and blue Bikes. So in addition to truly "impromptu" tricks, I'll bring along an extra double-backed or double-faced card or a duplicate of a couple of cards and blow them away with an "improvised" trick using their borrowed deck.

Almost anything "impromptu" (besides the arm-twisting illusion) requires that you carry or borrow cards, coins, a pen, rubber bands, dollar bills, business cards, etc. So why not carry a couple gimmicks with you as well?

To get back to the original question -- in general, I'll do something like "Crazy-Man's Handcuffs" or "Recap", if I can get my hands on a pen or rubber bands. A popular one around the office is "two in the hand, one in the pocket". (Almost everyone around here has bowls full of candy on their desks. Pick up a couple of them, and you're good to go.)
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."
-- Philippians 4:23
psyrules510
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of psyrules510
Crazy Man's Handcuffs has gotten me the biggest reaction so far. Its so easy and you can do it a few times over and they still don't see anything. Quarter through Soda Can is cool and one of my favorites but not a lot of people want to give me their sodas and I usually end up drinking mine before I get to perform the trick to anyone who is interested.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
For impromptu, I would have to say producing a coin behind someone's ear (preferably a beautiful women or a child) then a coin flurry where the coin disappears and reappears in different places and ways. You can even borrow the coin. End by vanishing the coin completely. If you are carrying gimmicks or rubberbands, how can that be impromptu?

Your friend in magic

Craig
templetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania, USA
105 Posts

Profile of templetrickster
It's been said and I'll say it again- the CMH routine from Ammar's Classic Renditions is quite possibly the best money spent on a killer improptu effect. By the way, coin bite isn't really improptu because it requires a gimicked coin. However, Revolution by Kevin Parker isn't because it uses a borrowed quarter and no gimmicks, pre-setup, etc. The cigarette ash in the palm trick (forgive me for not knowing the originator) that Blaine popularized- is so fun to perform at a college party. Everyone smokes and you can blow their nicotine addicted bodies away! Sinful is awesome, go buy it. Anti-gravity coins ( from one of my first magic books, the klutz book of magic) is supprisingly an effective improptu illusion. Consult Mullica texts and videos for bangin' improptu magic.
djc89
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of djc89
For me, impromptu means zero prep. You can grab the stuff and go. No dupes/extras/gimmicks. What the audience sees is all that is in play.

So, the tricks:
-Recap
-Center Tear
-My rubber band routine
felixsun
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of felixsun
-Pulling off pinkey(finger fantasies)
-borrowing a coin and doing a muscle pass
-thumb through ear
psyrules510
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of psyrules510
You knoe, I like anything rubberband.
Matty Moriates
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Matty Moriates
Sinful never fails me.. This is an amazing effect. Enough said Smile
-3-
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
CMH, 3/4 across, and in restaurants, if I'm asked, the jumping toothpick always gets people's reactions.

Also Shadow Box, occasionally, depending on the size of my pockets that day.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Katterfel22
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, NC
130 Posts

Profile of Katterfel22
Hmm, for the best reaction I would have to say...
Harry Bernard's "Perpetual Coins'
or really quick impromtu
Coin thru Hankercheif followed by Revolution...
or even quicker
Torn and restored match. Smile
Cave ab homine unius libri - Latin epigram
Murdoch82
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Murdoch82
I often wooden tooth picks in a "Mind Over Matter" where you rest them on the tips of your fingers and they hop. Coines and rings also play well.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
The newest one for will be stigmata
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 01:11, pdmedic wrote:
Scotch and Soda has done real well for me.

that's the most impromptu one.. Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tomwoottonmagic
View Profile
New user
Aylesbury, UK
2 Posts

Profile of tomwoottonmagic
Quote:
On 2006-03-12 20:46, magic4545 wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-02-21 23:14, EvanSparts wrote:
Is it me or are half the effects named here not really impromtu?

My favorite effect is fading coin.

DITTO!!!!

Totally Agree!!!
I feel some people are forgetting what magicians mean by IMPROMPTU
I thought that impromptu was being able to perform a magic effect NAKED with items that are around you.... not a magnet up your sleave or a bite out coin!!

Come on guys!!! This is the basic stuff we should know!!
All the Best, Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Out of all your impromptu trick which one gets the most reaction? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL