The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope circles? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
The magician has coiled up in his hand around 8 feet of rope. he shows the rope by taking them piece by piece in the other hand. now he takes some rope and with one hand ties a knot in it. he does this 4 - 5 times. he now has a rope concisting of loops. he takes a not and undo it. he now has a rope circle. the same goes with al the others. ending with 5 circles.

can somebody tell me where I can find this routine / book / dvd?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I hate to sound like a broken record here, but I think you could do that with Pavel's "super walking knot" although I have never seen it performed quite that way.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
That is an old trick called “Loopy-Loops” and was sold by Ron London some 12 –20 years ago. Abbott’s carried it a decade ago. They may still carry it. You might also try Denny at Denny and Lee’s. I have the instructions in a box somewhere.

Back in the day, I paired it with linking ropes for a longer routine. That is, after the 8 to 10 foot length of rope changed into loops, the loops linked and unlinked.

The trick is very, very easy to build and perform. The rope is basically ungimmicked (no snaps, magnets, or Delbin/Tarbell gimmicks). It is not anything along the lines of Pavel’s walking rope. It would be very, very awkward to perform using the Pavel gimmicked rope.

Thanks for reminding me of this little gem. It is a good interlude (middle of the act) trick.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Tannen's might also have some in stock. That's where I got mine a few years ago. Harry, is right about this trick being easy to build (and perform). I made up my own set with thicker rope. For some reason, I also think I have seen this on a John Fedko, Daryl, or some other rope magic video. Does that ring a bell, Harry? You seem to be pretty good at remebering these references.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope circles? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL