The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing....that isn't! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
In the world of card magic there are many things that look like expert sleight of hand that really aren't.... AKA self working effects. When I pickpocket on stage, I use a cards across routine as a pickpocketing effect. (This is the same effect/handling that Mac King uses for his invisibility cloak) I present it as a final challenge to my audience to spot the dip.

The effect on the audience is GREAT as they never see me touch either spectator (since I don't), during the routine. What kind of self working pickpocket effects like this have YOU been successful with?

-Chris.
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
A sponge wallet works wonders, either that or just use your own if it plain black leather like most other wallets.

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Perhaps you could expand on that? A sponge wallet being used how?
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Tom Burgoon has a prop called the Power Pickpocket gimmick. It allows you to apparently remove a participants wallet and replace it without them feeling a thing. With some extra thought it can be used to great effect to enhance a pickpocket act.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
Because its foam, it squishes in your hand. If you produce it behind the spectators back so the audience can see, it looks like you stole their wallet when you didn't.

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
magofchris
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magofchris
Darwin Ortiz has a great routine in his book Cardshark called "Harry in your pocket." I have used this as a pickpocket routine and have gotten very good response with it.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
How about his book strong magic? any good
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
IMHO, Strong Magic is an excellent book.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Can you explain the book a little bit. I have read the reviews but how did you view it?
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
I thought it was very interesting and thought provoking. You may not agree with everything Darwin says but I found it hard to put down. I've read it twice.
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Could you explain it a little ... from another performers perspective...
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Provides some excellent tips on structure and presentation of close-up effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing....that isn't! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL