The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's Building A Tip Bally DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Don is a genius at what he does and anyone who is doing any kind of busking, street performance, etc. etc. etc......then you are doing a great injustice to yourself by not purchasing this dvd.
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
I have two of Don's products. Don is old school; the personal touch, quality service, diligence in delivery. There were issues when I ordered Building a tip. Once Don got involved, everything got fixed.Immediately.

Order with confidence. Don is a great guy.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
74 Posts

Profile of andolini
I also have two of dons dvd,s Svengali pitch and building a tip. both of them are great.Don is a great guy and puts out great products. Great customer service Thanks don.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Danny, Michel and andolini,glade you guys liked it.

Have a good one,

Don
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I have a question.

My cash supply is low right now and I want to learn how to pitch Svengali decks. Will I be successful at this buy purchasing the Svengali dvd and not the building a tip?

The second question is how much impact the building a tip will have on Svengali sales in a flea market type environment where people are already there and I don't necessarily need to draw them to me?

The third question is does the Svengali DVD give you any info on how to draw a crowd?

Thanks

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
PM you

Don
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Don,

I just ordered this DVD, as well as the Jam Auction DVD. I can't wait to get them!

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Just finished watching the Building a Tip dvd. I must admit that before reading through this thread, I was a bit skeptical. Why promise the Tip that you are going to do an effect for them that you aren't going to do? Why not do something that you can actually follow through with at the end? Obviously, after reading through all these posts and seeing the Tip that Don and Zach gather, it does work. I hope to try this out very soon! -J.R.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey J.R.,

Please do report back.

Don
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Someone in a previous post in this thread asked if this will work in the UK. Well.. I just got the Building a Tip disk, and the Svengali Deck disk - but we're here to discuss the Tip. I'd say this would work in the UK, even though the currency is the once mighty USD. The smallest value UK note would be 5 pounds sterling, about 10 dollars. So the speil would have to be modified slightly to fit with the UK cash system.
But - I don't think it would need to be changed at all. The use of dollar bills in a demo in the UK would perhaps attract even MORE attention than local currency. That's what I'm going to go with when I get up and running with this.
Similar applies to the Euro, where the smallest bill is a 5. And I just don't think that a 5 pound note, or a 5 euro note is as impressive looking as a dollar bill.

Can't really fault the content of both DVDs - you'll have to apply yourself, but you really couldn't wish for a better instruction/instructor.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the different currency aspects?

Regards

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
DCB,
US ones would work great in the UK I think.Maybe you could just use green paper cut to the size of paper money.What do you think ? (the US ones would be better,but if you couldn't get them...)

Don
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Don..
I don't have a problem with the dollars. I always keep a stock of US cash - usually they get spent on stuff from the US, where some dealers don't accept credit cards or Paypal. Steve Dusheck, for example.

It's not worth using dollar substitutes - and you wouldn't be able to use some of the lines about the characters on the bills.
Many of the folks here have strong connections with the US - having worked there, or have relatives there..

Thanks for a swift delivery, incidentally - I'm the customer from Ireland - and the discs arrived in 5 working days - great stuff - I'm on my 4th vewing!

Regards,

DCB
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
"It's not worth using dollar substitutes - and you wouldn't be able to use some of the lines about the characters on the bills.
Many of the folks here have strong connections with the US - having worked there, or have relatives there.. "

DCB Did I miss something ? You say its not worth using dollar's than say you couldn't use the "lines" is you didn't use them.

Don
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Don,...

I'll get back to you on this point..regarding the lines... I'll get back you... it's apolitical thing, maybe..

Cheers!

DCB
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
I just got Don's building a tip dvd when I had the honor of meeting him at the Syracuse fair in NY on Friday, 9/4/09. It was not only a great time sitting and talking with Don, but his dvd's are simply amazing! When I worked at World of Wonders, we would sometimes use the pitch shown on his dvd to build a tip, but the details and explanations he gives are so much more in depth than I had ever realized! If you are even remotely interested in learning more and better ways to draw HUGE crowds around you, then you'd be wise to get Don's dvd's!!! Thank you my friend for such an awesome lesson!

Ses Carny
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Sounds like I couldn't translate this to German Huh? My act is restaurant close up and some stand-up in small clubs here in Bavaria. I go on as an Englishman but have to use Dinglish for some audiences (Deutsch and English mixed).

I worked the streets of Regensburg this summer with some success but not what you would call "big hats" this was due mostly to my crap act at the time but I have since refined it. I am now looking for ways to attract an edge and this sounds great. Is this something I can work on and tailor to my personality and use of language, or is it tried and tested English scripting?
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I know it works good in english.It can work anywere but you have to be able to THINK for yourself and know how to adapt to your situation.If you can do this than buy it,if you can't to this than don't buy it.

Don
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Quote:
On 2009-10-14 12:40, DonDriver wrote:
...If you can do this than buy it,if you can't to this than don't buy it.

Don

Great Hat Line Smile
Timothy Dowd
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
ChrisD
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ChrisD
Just got my copy in the mail. Just like it says on the cover, it's a no frills stright to the point DVD packed with valuable information.

You get 3 shots of the bally in 3 different situations: Don's demonstration for the camera, Don in Hollywood and Zachary Strange in Santa Monica. This gives us more ideas on how to apply this to different situations.

Currency is an interesting topic. Here in Taiwan the smallest bill we have is $100, then $500 and $1,000. The hundred is red and the thousand is blue. Locals are not used to seeing green bills and since they spend hundred dollar bills turning one dollar into ten dollars does not have the attraction it does in America.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Chris,

Use red paper and tell the tip you are going to change paper into 100 bills.It dosen't matter what you are doing on the ground as long as you are doing something....they'll stop.

Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's Building A Tip Bally DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL