The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » From card production to billiard ball routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
I'm trying to think up a way to change from card production to billiard ball but no matter what I've tried it seems to be very lame. I've tried to appear a ball 1st from a fan of cards and card turn into silk then from the silk out comes a ball. I'd like to have a routine straight from card then into billiard ball. I've seen many People perform card production and after that just show both hands empty then appear a ball out then continue with the routine. I want the ball got some connection with the card. Please, I need help!!! Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Hi Eric,

How about, palming a ball, screwing the last card up into a little ball and then toss it up in the air, but really tossing the ball up. If you have tails you could do a tail vanish with card.

Or alternatively, maybe you could screw the card up, false transfer to a ball of flash paper palmed in the other hand, steal a ball, light the flash paper and toss it into a ball.

Just an idea.

If I'm trying to move from one effect to another, I find one of the best ways to link them is to make one object appear to magically transform to another object. For example you could transform white flash paper to a white billiard ball, to a white silk to produce a white candle, which vanishes to a white streamer or something to that effect. I'm sure you get the idea.

So for the my examples in the last post, you are crumpling the card to appear similar to a billiard ball which magically transforms to one.

Another method could be to use an existing object to transform another object.

For example, if your last card production was a fan, you could hold it in one hand, visibly pick up a different coloured ball and wave the fan of cards over it, and do a colour change. To the audience this would look like you are simply using your fan of cards as a magic wand to change the colour of the ball. You could then ditch the fan and coloured ball, leaving you with one ball to start your ball routine.

I hope this makes sense.

Good luck experimenting

Bonz
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Or you could produce the card.... make it into a cone and then dump out a ball.

Or you could show a red ace of hearts as the last card produced and pluck a ball out of the heart and the card turns blank... you could do the same with a red backed card...

Just ideas
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Thanks. I'll think of a way since I'm producing cards out of thin air, myself, I just straight appear out the ball after the cards. Any comment please tell. thanks
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Or just stop the music and say that you will do a ball routine. And start some new music.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Although I think that the first Bonz idea is better (maybe I'll use it for my own), it just occured to me that in the middle of a single card production, the last card could be, instead of a regular card, a card with a ball drawn on it. Then you just look surprised and take the drawing ball out of the card and procced with your billiard ball routine.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
Great idea moilima.
Here's some different thoughts:
Do multiplying cards instead of balls (very hard). Interlock with a ball at the same time as some cards. (harder??) Fan off cards to silk to ball. (don't know how this would work out)

Maybe a puff of smoke turns into a ball. You can probably palm Jay Scott Berrys gimmick with a fan of cards in your hand.

Later
Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
There is a "card to ball" move on McBride's manipulation vids. you simply wave your hand with a palmed ball in front of a single card as you backpalm it and leave the ball behind. The change is instant and quite visual. To clean up, McBride suggessts ditching the card into a receptacle under cover of tossing the ball into the air. This, of course, involves no flash paper or smoke, but like I said is quite simple.
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
I think this would be what I'm looking for. Instantly change! Thanks Zauber Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
On Shimada's manipulation video, he does a continuous fan production with a small glass of wine appearing from behind the last fan. Nothing real flashy or complicated, he just steals the glass (with cover of course) from his pocket, puts it behind the fan, and then produces it. You might be able to do the same with the ball.
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
What about: produce cards and drop them into a receptacle and palm a ball. Bring hand out, do some passes to show an empty hand and produce the ball
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
If you are looking for something real easy, I have to agree with Zauber280. It is easy and visual. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » From card production to billiard ball routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL