The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolution By Kevin Parker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
The raging debate ever continues over Gimmick VS slight of hand. The Purists say that slight of hand is more practical in that it has no elaborate set-ups that limit performance, there cheaper then a DVD or pull where you would get more instruction in slights for the same price.

One aspect that gimmicks have always held over the slight of handed enthusiasts is purity of effect. To demonstrate my point I often offered to the slight of hand enthusiasts a challenge of replicating the effect of the Raven but using slight of hand only. A coin is placed on a spectators hand, a simple wave of a palmed down hand is passed over the coin by the magician and with in a split second it’s gorn. The magician showing both hands empty. Needless to say I have yet any takers.

The nearest thing I have come across that reflects a vanish using a gimmick is Revolution, admittedly is does not adhere to the same effect that Raven achieves but I believe it will be the nearest to that your ever going to get in the slight of hand arena. It’s is clean, No gimmicks, done standing or seated and can be done is short sleeved shirt. Oh did I mention it was a complete vanish as well?

The method for revolution subscribes to the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) principle in a big way, which lends credence to my assertion that I have held for a long time that some of the best magic comes from the simplest of things and concepts. So if your looking for a knuckle busting effect you will not find it here.

The DVD is professionally printed and contains 13 chapters on the DVD that run for an entire 30 minutes from start to finish. All tho I would say that the method is described in one or two of these chapters the rest detail the finer points of the effect that make execution and practice that more successful, I would hardly say that any of the other chapters would be considered filler material.

Each Chapter is titled as follows:

1: Forum Password
2: opening Image Sequence
3: Intro Brad
4: What to Wear
5: Steps to learn Revolution
6: Presentation/Performance Tips
7: Transformation of an Object
8: Slim Shady? Pants-loose
9: Penetration of Coin
10: Sitting at a Table
11: Angles
12: Perform Twice?
13: Respect to Kevin Parker

As you can see by the chapter listing that Brad Christian try’s to cover every conceivable point of this effect performance. It’s not surprising that due to the type of product that Brad markets that this effect is geared for the street magic scene, but the truth be told it could be performed anywhere as long a coin can be provided upon demand.

As my first purchase from Ellusionist I have to say I quite pleased with this and Highly recommend it.

Magically

Aus
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
The clothing restrictions make this one that I wouldn't do at a professional performance. Simply not practical for me. A great looking effect, though.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Revolution By Kevin Parker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL