We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Key Accessory by Andrew Gerard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
This effect sounds too good to be true. But for a $99.00 price tag, could it be?

Here is the ad from hocus-pocus.com

"This effect has been said by many as the most powerful metal bending routine in existence, a personal experience for someone and a souvenir like no other!

Effect:

Several keys and colored rubber bands are shown. A key is freely selected by a spectator and initialed on one side and the performer on the other. Next a colored rubber band is chosen by the spectator and threaded through the head of the key. The band is placed over the spectator's wrist and they hold the key at their fingertips. The performer suggests they will feel the key soften and bend like rubber. They do, and it does! The key is felt bending while the spectator is holding it and it is still attached to a rubber band around their wrist. Your hands are left clean and they are left with an amazing souvenir!"

Using standard metal bending methods this doesn't seem possible to me. If this comes with gimmick keys then you might run out pretty fast. This item is available now, so Im just curious if anyone is going to or has bought it.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I would like to get a review also....
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

No gimmick keys are used.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
We need to see a video on this one.

Tony
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
We *want* to see a video on this one...

-daegs
ps actually don't count me in that group, rather have the good things go by without demo's....

pps It *sounds* like it is a gimick(just guessing on price) and handling such that you can put the bend in while attached to their wrist... I'm assuming the "feeling it bending" part is caused by the rubber band moving the key inside their hand....

Overall a very killer idea(and I don't even know the workings), it sounds like an excellent way of doing a bend in the spectators hand and apparently keeping it isolated....
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
Just to help clear the questions... I know the routine and this is exactly what it is a ROUTINE... No Gimmicks! Pure clean handling and great spectators management

So, If you think this is maybe to pricy for a "Real WORKER" routine... You still have the coloring book instead! ;-)

I have no problems backing up this routine, because I've see the damage it can done on layment...

Andrew is very generous to share this routine... Every buyer will agree with me!

Hope this help

Take care

Kuffs
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Great to hear that no gimmicks are used. How is it possible that the key bends at the spectators finger tips then. Are their eyes closed? Can they Visually see it bend or is it more of an all at once sort of thing?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Get it and find out Smile

Seriously though, would those in the know agree that this is a routine/handling for a more common bend, such that its not really at their fingertips?

What it *seems* like, is that you isolate a key on a rubber band that is on their wrist, somehow bend it under their noses, and then they put it in their hand and "feel" it bending(due to rubber band or whatever) and the bend is revealed?

Not trying to fish for methods, but rather explain what it is that is being sold(sounds good so far Smile )

-daegs
ps also I wanted to say I didn't think this was pricey or too much, just I expected a gimick for the price, but all the better if its gimick free!!!
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Yah your not trying to fish but you just started fishing season.lol
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4180 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree. The ad seems to indicate that it bends at the fingertips...ie out in the open.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Regardless of the Method, I for one am glad the price is high. I've been doing strictly bending and PK effects for 10 years and miss the days when the methods and effects weren't readily availabe. You had to seek them out, gain the trust of the few that were good at it or develop your own.

The only thing that protects bending effects right now are the actual methods themselves. By that I mean a lot of people will purchase this effect, be dissapointed in the method, call it overpriced junk and miss the "real work" behind bending effects.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
I just ordered this tem from HP.

I'll provide a review when it arrives...
Skitch
View Profile
Veteran user
Philadelphia
400 Posts

Profile of Skitch
Can it be done with the Magician having arthritis in the hand and fingers?
§kitch
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Looking forward to you review Slydini62
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6503 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
This is good. This is a pro's handling. When the inventor of Key Warper, Richard Mark, backs it you know it's good. I'm glad it's priced high because this is not for the trick collector... this is a workers item.

You can tell this has been put into use by Gerard many, many times.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Greg,

Is that a thumbs up from you?
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6503 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
You bet. Luckily, the price will stop many from getting it and I know some that will get it won't see the true value so it will pretty much stay a hidden gem.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
TonyKo
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
68 Posts

Profile of TonyKo
I have to say this on is very clever! A key bends while the spector is holding onto it. Well done Andrew.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
I think for a hundred bucks we need a little more info than what were given. It is a expensive leap.

Jeff
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Expensive yes it will cost at least 2 birthday parties.Suppose for example that all you get is a magic word but that is what it takes to do the effect. Isn t that better than a gimmick? Audience reaction is what you want.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Key Accessory by Andrew Gerard (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL