The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How many types of Blendos are there? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Just curious how many types of blendos there are out there? I don't mean the colors but the types, gimmicked, non gimmicked? I had one way back in the old days and I would love to find another one like it. I just bought one called the "Four Square Blendo" and don't really like it to much. Any help guys, or girls??

Thanks

Steven
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22403 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No this is hard to discuss because it all depends on the construction and the method, which as you know we cannot discuss openly in this forum. You have to go to the 'Secrets Section' of the Café to discuss this further.

Four Square is good if you have the Supreme version. If you have the Magic Hands version then, yes it leaves a lot to be desired.

Get an original from Rice Magic Studio that advertises on the Café. Ruth only has a few left. Here: http://www.silkkingmagic.com/Rice's%20D......ects.htm

If you wear a vest Abbott's Magic Co, Colon, MI sells a sleight of hand version of a few dollars, instructions only. http://www.abbottmagic.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
So should I repost in the secret sessions forum? Was not really sure where to post this one. I would love to have a Rice Blendo but man the price is up there. I have seen their stuff up close and there is nothing better.

Thanks

Steven
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Steven,

You should contact Ruth Rice Crone and see if there are any with irregularities/imperfections ---- if there are, she offers these at a reduced rate. I bought one from her and the irregularity was not something I readily noticed. In fact, she pointed it out to me. Plus this was a minor flaw on one side of the blendo. What is left is limited so you should act as soon as you can because when these are gone they will be gone, or so it seems.

Jimmy
P.S. You mentioned you had one back in the old days. What was that blendo like?
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Steven:

What effect are you wanting to create? Are you wanting to create the illusion of a few silks tied together turn into a larger silk? Or, are you wanting to bring in some type of apparatus?

For instance, there is a very old method that's still good today. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it - the magician shows a paper bag empty, places three silks in it, blows up the bag like a balloon, and pops it by smashing his hands together. Out comes the blendo silk. That's just one idea. There are other versions using cloth bags, etc.

So, it's something to think about. If you want a pure, simple blendo effect, the Silk King Studios blendo is probably the way to go. Like Jimmy said, check with Ruth on "irregulars" to get a better deal.

Ron
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
In Rice's Encyclopedia Volume 3 there are 35 (!) different ways to perform Blendo effects.

James Adamson
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
One of my favourite blendo effects is the Zebra Silks which can be purchased through El Duco Magic...

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Sorry it took me awhile to get back in here. I am going to repost the question in the secrets section here so if any of you would like to come in there I will openly discuss the blendo issues.

Thanks

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » How many types of Blendos are there? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL