The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » ICue 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Does anyone have this from Virtual Soundman? It sounds very good.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I have ordered it, but it hasn't been shipped yet as they are filling pre-orders right now. I will let you know what I think of it as soon as I get it.

Chad
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
420 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Arghhh! I just got my Icue a few weeks ago !

I got my VSM 7.5 and I loved it...Upgraded to the Icue...And now there is a new version with the built in speaker that I wanted !

Mr. Duro...You're killing me...
"Challenge Your Reality"
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2006-02-27 14:51, JosephKerr wrote:

I got my VSM 7.5 and I loved it...Upgraded to the Icue...And now there is a new version with the built in speaker that I wanted !

Joseph,

What was the advantage of going from the 7.5 to the Icue. Are there any advantages other than the LED.

I have a 7.0 right now.
JosephKerr
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
420 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
I have the 7.5 with the additional LED display however, the Display isn't part of the unit and has to be connected via a telephone cable and needed its own power source. Far too much trouble unless you REALLY needed it. I wanted the ICue because of the built-in Display and it compact size. It also has an attractive stream-lined look to it. More like professional electronics rather than the homebrewed look of 7.5
"Challenge Your Reality"
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I love my ICue. Saw Kelly at WMS. He is a very nice man. He keeps improving his system. Buy one. Tell him Bairefoot sent you.
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Got mineed this morning...the little bit I've played with it so far....OMG IT ROCKS. If you're an Ipod lover then this is for you!!!!

--Jon
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Any reviews yet?
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Please outline the difference between iCue and iCue2

Has iCue 2 finally solved the problem of fade-to-pause on an iPod? The last iCue would do MiniDisc with fade to pause but (correct me if I wrong) never could do Fade-to-Pause on an iPod. Please don't just jump in and say it does it, because the prior unit did not, and many on the Café' said it did because they only used it with a MiniDisc and assumed it did the same with the iPod. I almost purchased it only to find out at the end of an excited thread that NO it will not.
If there are differences such as this, VSM should at least put an asterisk next to the feature on the list and simply say (not available on iPod operation).
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Hello Walter,

I was curious about the differences between the iCue Duo (which I own) and the iCue2 (Squared) and so I e-mailed Kelly. Here's his response:

"It is called the iCue 2 (Squared).. And the differences are significant-- as we have developed the bi-directional communication for the iPod as well as the Sony MD in the same unit.

"The communication for the MD is improved as a result- but more importantly is addition of the direct synchronization for the iPod, through the serial digital connector, (digital quality as opposed to analog music quality). By utilizing the Serial connector at the bottom of the iPod we have
accomplished real time self correcting LED display, and the self working auto pause as well.

"Volume controls and fade features are now done internally through our new digital amplifier. - and the information that is on the display of the iPod is now freed up to appear on our new Vacuum fluorescent displays (coming soon).

"The iPod is being charged by the iCue squared, and is fully automated from inside the iCue Squared for al it's controls. This represents significant technology for the iPod. As opposed to the limited simple analog connection that we used earlier (i.e. The remote socket on top of the older iPods).

"The iPod can now be charged through this same connector and prevents power failures that would otherwise happen.

"The LED display can now read up to 199 tracks instead of just 99- by virtue of the Blue LED on the front. The Blue LED is also used to show the self synchronization in the beginning."

It appears that the fade to pause should work now with iPods.

Michael
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Hi,
I've gotten the icue2 and it does the fade out to autopause feature with the ipod. I use an ipod nano and it works great. There is no lag time at all. I am pleased with this purchase. If anyone has anymore specific questions-feel free to post them or pm me. I am practicing with it now and hope to be using it in my shows in about a week.

Thanks and have a great day!
Chad
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Thanks Michael and Chad. Good to hear that issue is now fixed.
Please keep us up to date on your experience in regular show use.

Chad, What is the current price of the system that you purchased to use with your Nano?
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Glodmagic,
The current price is still $699, which is the pre-order price. It is on their website. You can also get the icue2 with a 2gig ipod nano for a little under $900. I already had my ipod.
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I just ordered one. There is a 2 to 3 week wait.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I ordered and paid for mine over a month ago and it still has not come. They keep saying they are waiting for parts. They said it would ship this week, I have emailed and now they are not responding back. I hope it comes soon, 1 month plus is a long time to wait for something that has been paid for.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Just got off the phone with him and they are boxing it up and shipping today!
I can't wait. This is my 3rd VS. It is a great product.
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
I just received my Icue2 today. I can't wait to get it going!
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Don,
Make sure you soft reboot your ipod each time you hook it up to the icue.
www.magicalmemories.us
donsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of donsmagic
Thanks. I will.
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Got mine this morning.
Keep playing it the whole day!!
I sure it will be very helpful for my tomorrow's show...!!

Great invention~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » ICue 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL