The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » ICue 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
m0nk1982
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of m0nk1982
Can I plug the Icue2 into a Fender PD250?
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
The Icue2 comes with a normal red/white cable..
just plug it into any amplifer with red/white input, it does work..
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
As the iCue2 instructions will tell you...DO NOT use any type of "Y" connector to take the 2 channels down to a single...somehow, it will freak out your iPod. When koandy says "red/white cable" he means RCA connectors.

Steve
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Thanks steve for clarify..
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Mine arrived last week but today is the first day that I have gotten to play with it. So far this is really cool. Previously, I have been working with RF remotes but this really does kick it up several notches and appears to be well worth the investment. I do have a quick question if someone knows the answer ... How do I disengauge the autocue so several tracksa can play consecutively without my needing to trigger the next track. I have a serious of intro music that I would like to play through until a certain point where I'll want to engauge the cuing. I am assumingthat there is an easy fix that I am just not realizing.

Thanks,
Dan.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Dan,

Yes, there is. Check the little card that's packed inside the case that tells you what your remote buttons do. Also, pay close attention to your display. When you engage the "self-working auto pause" it automatically pauses at the end of one track and cues to the next one. To defeat that, you have to use the button between your 2 volume buttons. When you depress it a single time, it will show you either "AP" or "A-". The AP is auto pause, the A- means that feature is turned off. Pressing and holding the button for a second will change the status. I use that feature to play the pre-roll before the show (music track-liner track-music track-liner track, etc.)...it's much easier to just let it roll through than to constantly monitor and pressing play. You can remotely turn this feature off at anytime, too. Great feature. Hope that helps.

Steve
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Oh man ... this is totally cool! I'm having a blast just playing with this .. can't wait to use it in a show! Thanks for the tip Steve ... I finally know what the little red button in the middle is for.

Dan.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Dan,

Which remote did you get? I hope it's the "click/feel remote". That's much better. I removed the clip from the back of my remote and just carry it in my pocket. Some people will suggest attaching it to a small piece of cardboard to keep it in the right place in your pocket so you can use it THROUGH the material. I used the remote (with flat buttons, 4-button remote) for my ShowTech for YEARS from the pocket. Never had to take it out, but this C-F remote is much better.

Make sure you familiarize yourself with what ALL the buttons on the remote do. Those little dots in the corners of the display will tell you a lot!

Steve
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Steve,

Yes, I have the click/feel remote. I have been trying to decide the best way to carry it. Previously, I attached my RF remote to a retractable belt clip. So far, I've just used the fixed belt clip but trying to evaluate which approach is best. All of the functionality of this device is nicely thought out. Previously, with my RF, I inserted "silent" cues into my playlist but could never be certain if it was paused or playing through. It was a disruption to the performance when a clip would start at the wrong cue point. Or if the iPod shut down, it would take multiple clicks to get the right cue, sometimes skipping the target track. For the time, it served my purposes well but with the iCue2, control seems to be absolute. What at first seemed to be expensive, really is a nice investment.

I'm rearranging my show with more chasers and sound effects. I have always admired the flow of Ken Scott's performances and how smoothly each routine segways to the next. With a tremendous range of creative opportunities on my desktop (SmartSound Sonicfire, GoldWave, etc.,) it is time to set them free. Like I said, I'm having a blast just playing with it.

Thanks again for your insights.

Dan.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Your mention of Ken Scott's performances is strange, since he's using the MP3Tech. He doesn't have the flexibilty of changing the show track order at the venue, unless there's a laptop with an SD card reader handy. If the MP3 player on the Tech goes out, the whole unit is useless until a new one's sent out. If your iPod crashes or something else happens to it, chances are, somebody around your house has one you can program and use. I'm totally happy with my iCue2! Tell Kelly I said that, too!

Steve
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Thanks to my kids and their upgrades to video iPods, I now have a good supply of back up equipment. That's one of the reasons why I chose the iCue2 along with the large LED display. I have read Ken's comments and believe he has been extremely happy with his MP3 Tech.

Dan.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Folks,

I would have a backup IPOD just incase it somehow breaks, gets stolen. Also just incase your ICUE2 takes a dump, invest in a IPOD remote control, check them out:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&8

G0THIKE
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Actually since I carry my lap top with me I have all my music in there. So if my mp3 was to go out I can use my laptop with an airclick.

But I must say I think steve said something about it but I don't change my order of tracks that often. Most of shows stay the same unless it is new show. In most cases if I am not going to do a routine in my show (ex vanishing bannana) then I just simply skip over that track.

I must say everyone that I have talked to that owns the icue loves it and those's that own the mp3 love it as well. You it is simply what ever works best for YOU. I played around with the icue of my friends and just could not get used the remote, but then again I am so used to kerry;s remotes since using the showtech now the mp3 tech.

Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If the MP3Tech had been comparable to the iCue2, I probably would've gone with it, but the flexibility just wasn't there. It was too much like buying a TV/DVD/VCR combination, in that, if something goes wrong with any of the parts, the entire thing is unusable until a replacement becomes available. I got so used to using a ShowTech for almost 15 years that I never thought I'd consider any other brand. I took part in a "focus group" that impartially showed all the different options available from different brands and units. That taught me all I needed to know.

Steve (proud owner of an iCue2) Thomas
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
I have a question that I hope someone can answer....

I have Icue2 and I use it in conjunction with my Ipod. However, what I'd like to do is start a piece of music in the middle rather than right at the beginning. Any advice? Help!!!!

--Jon
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
You'll have to use a music editing program to put whatever part of the music you want directly on your iPod as a track by itself. Simple enough. Unless you mean that you want to STOP a track in the middle and restart it. That's possible with the iCue2, you just have to have your "pause in place" turned on, and that's accomplished via your remote.

Steve
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Do you want to stop and then start the track again in the middle or have the track start in the middle?

If you want to pause and restart at the same spot you have to turn the auto advance off by holding the volume up for 3 seconds. You will see a led on the bottom right that tells you the auto advance is off. You can pause in the middle of a track then restart at that same point.

If you want to start a track that is in the middle you want to get a music editing program such as gold wave and create a new track by deleting what ever part you don’t want, and then save it as a new MP3. Then load that into your ipod.

Another free program you can get is http://audacity.sourceforge.net I don’t have it but a lot of people use it.

It looks like there is a new unit called WISpeak. It is the icue2 but now can be hooked to your laptop. Don't see too many details yet.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I took a look at the page for the WISpeak. The headline is hilarious..."Lose the 110 lbs!" That assumes your sound guy is a skinny little dude.

Most sound guys I've seen have been these big, stocky guys. I think he needs to upgrade the pound estimate!
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer is good for my music, simple editing programme..
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

I finally used my iCue2 in a show for the first time and can't say how much of an ungrade this was. I added bunch of sound effects and chasers where before I was just happy cuing the right music track. Everything executed perfectly. This definitely enhanced the whole show experience.

Thanks,
Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » ICue 2 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL