The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Bottle for Dancing Hank Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephan
View Profile
New user
Germany, Dipperz
19 Posts

Profile of Stephan
Does anyone have a good idea for a 5 gallon bottle (or anything similar) for the 'dancing hank routine'? At the moment I'm still using a 5 gallon water bottle (glass), but difficult to replace here in Germany / Europe.

thanks-in-advance
regards from Germany
Stephan
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I'm sure others will be able to contribute to specific sources. A friend of mine found 3-foot tall coke bottle and uses that for his --- it even came with a bottle cap that comes off. Perhaps you, too, can look for something else that is large that may not be a water bottle but that fits with the character you use for your acts.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20496 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Stephan,

For years the huge bottles I sold in my stores came from Italy. You may be in better shape than we are here in the USA for that one.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Stephan,

You might also look into finding a glass blower who can custom make you the bottle to your exact needs. Just an idea.

Snidini
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22403 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here in the states we have a water service sell water in large jugs that set upside down in a cooling machine. Do you use such things in Germany at businesses for employees?

These jugs use to be made in glass, but now they are plastic. Same design, but you need to buy a cork as these are not used for water jugs any longer. The glass jugs are still around, but we have to look harder for them.

The plastic works just as well for the Dancing Hank routine and is lighter and safer to carry.

So, if you do have a places that sell water in jugs to businesses, check with them for a jug. One water company here in the U.S.A. is called Culligan Water. Are they in Germany?
Stephan
View Profile
New user
Germany, Dipperz
19 Posts

Profile of Stephan
THANKS

in Germany we have these companies too, but they only sell plastic bottles which have 2 or more brims for stability. Just for everybody's info, what I found in the meantime ... the people that make wine have beautiful bottles - here they are called 'balloon bottles'. Glass has more advantages (heavy, stable and still looks the best).

thanks-again for the above info.
regards from Germany
Stephan
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
Go to any beer brewing shop and they sell 5-6 gallon jugs called CARBOYS. They sell around $25 USD. They work perfectly!

They are glass and clear...
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I just use the local plastic 5 gallon water containers. I was able to find a clear one because most are made in blue nowadays. It works just fine and does not wiggle at all. They are lighter and easier to transport. And replaceable, too. I even have it examined before I start my dancing hank routine so no suspicion is on the bottle. I carry the bottle in a drawstring bag because it gets scratched easily.

I carved and painted a styrofoam piece to look like a giant cork as a cap for the bottle. It's lighter than a real cork and works well.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Bottle for Dancing Hank Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL