The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I got this for close-up/strolling magic and you are right, there is not a whole lot you can do with the ice once you produce it in this situation. The way I performed it was by having a wine glass which I produced the ice from and then I placed the ice into an opaque cup that was filled with water. For stage and some strolling magic this effect is great. I'm not a fan of it in the close-up venue though.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Make sure that you use distilled water to prevent the ice from looking like "Ghosts".
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
272 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
If there was something I could do with the ice, I would be all over this effect. Its too bad as this sounds very cool.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Eat the "ice"...but make sure you drink a whole lotta water after you do that!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2951 Posts

Profile of niva
I was hoping for someone to tell me that this problem is covered in the instructions, because for $100 I expect to have all the details given.

Perhaps the best way to perform this is behind a bar
Yours,

Ivan
thePyramidWithin
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of thePyramidWithin
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 21:36, Slydini62 wrote:
Make sure that you use distilled water to prevent the ice from looking like "Ghosts".

I have used distilled water,i no longer own this effect, but when I did the ice looked like ghosts,or they had bubbles in them.
Maybe I'm expecting too much from the ice.
But I guess what I was expecting was the ice to not be visible.But it was visible.
Perhaps I used the wrong distilled water?
thePyramidWithin
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-04-26 14:48, pkg wrote:
Eat the "ice"...but make sure you drink a whole lotta water after you do that!

Are you sure about that?
it says right on the package "Do not Eat"
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
Quote:
On 2006-04-25 16:37, niva wrote:
So whatr do you do with the ice after you produce it? Put it in your pocket? lol

Come on man. Be imaginative.

Here's one for after-dinner magic.

Toss your ice into a chick pan. Open up a little coffee creamer packet and pour it in. Cast a shadow over the pan, and produce a bowl of ice-cream. Produce a cherry out of thin air to garnish the top. Then produce spoons for them all to enjoy it if they want to. Then bend their spoons.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2951 Posts

Profile of niva
Lol that was a beter one.

A chick pan would destro the whole thing in my opinion. Does not make sense in this context. Nothing to relate to for the audience. And where are you going to carry it? In you refrigirator pocket.

This effect looks like a great one from the responses it is getting, but the issue I am talking about is a major one, because it could destroy the whole thing.

It's ideal behind a bar, because all you would is discard the ice in a bin or ice bucket. The other solutions I can think of are either you eat the ice, but apparently you cannot, or put the ice in thier drink. I would not do the latter, even if I could, since it is not very hygenic to place things you have been handling into someone else's drinks or food.

These things kind of limit where this can be performed. Any other feedback from those who have it? Any other solutions? Hope there are.
Yours,

Ivan
thePyramidWithin
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

The behind the bar scenario is a good one,but is there enough magicians who work behind the bar to justify the practicality of this effect?
This problem wasn't a major one for me.
It was the fact that the ice was visible,even though I followed the instuctions to a T.
It seems I'm the only one who had this problem though.
I performed this effect for my brother,who is the toughest spectator.
The first thing he said is "why are the bubbles floating around like that?"
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
DO NOT EAT...it causes stomachaches, dries ur tummy out of water....

I was willing to take the risk, and just drank a WHOLE LOT OF WATER...do not smoke, do not drink...I am just a die hard (with a deathwish?) bizarrist...

and I did make Ice from Coke (COLORED as Coke)downed them...and had a cola bonbon cheek palmed...they could hear me "grinding" the ice...not that I made a big deal out of it...

if you wanna take the risk of EATING the ice...remember, DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER prior to that, and AFTERWARDS!!

anyways, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

No really!!
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Pkg, you are NUTS!!!

See you at your funeral!
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1073 Posts

Profile of tdowell
**In Homer Simpson voice**: Mmmmmm.....Ice
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Hmmmm I wonder how Homer Simpson would react when he finds out that there is a data base for toxicity for almost anything there (did that air yet? must be the last episode or something...)

the Ice is made out of ******* (whoever owns it should KNOW what I am talking about)
it is a NON TOXIC material...only downside is that your stomach might get upset...make sure the ice is Saturated with water....

no offence guys, and don't take it personal...get some knowledge!

No really!!
kcedelcycib
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of kcedelcycib
Quote:
On 2006-04-27 18:14, pkg wrote:
the Ice is made out of ******* (whoever owns it should KNOW what I am talking about)
it is a NON TOXIC material...

You're risking a lot more than a tummyache if you eat the ice. According to several whitepapers, the gimmick breaks down into a very toxic, carcinogenic substance. I can't say what it is, because that would be exposing the method of the trick. If you don't believe me, Google the chemical name of the gimmick and the word "neurotoxin".

This decomposition happens especially when it's allowed to sit for long periods, so it would probably be smart to make up a fresh batch of it every couple days instead of storing it premade. That way, you won't have to worry about the stuff decomposing into the toxic chemical over time.
Pablo1
View Profile
New user
Brazil
4 Posts

Profile of Pablo1
Congratulations Mr Gerard this trick it's one of my favorites.Look likes a miracle,it's very good.
Thanks
Pablo1
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
I have searched google for Andrew Gerard and for ice from water and I can't find where you can order this. Someone please provide a link.

Thanks in advance

Marc
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
959 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi,
This effect "Ice From Water" is currently only available from me at $99.00 shipping included
to order please contact me here andrewsmagic@telus.net

thanks again,
Andrew Gerard
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 20:49, gobrownstd54 wrote:
I have searched google for Andrew Gerard and for ice from water and I can't find where you can order this. Someone please provide a link.

Thanks in advance

Marc

Hocus Pocus sell it. It's HP exclusive, Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard
"Siempre somos tres me acompańa la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Quote:
On 2006-12-01 21:57, G.t.H. wrote:
Hi,
This effect "Ice From Water" is currently only available from me at $99.00 shipping included
to order please contact me here andrewsmagic@telus.net

thanks again,
Andrew Gerard

Ops... and you can buy from the autor Andrew Gerard Smile
"Siempre somos tres me acompańa la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL